•~10~•

Sophie's P.O.V.
Elwin hung his head in shame as I realized what he was. "I can't believe you, Elwin," I sneered and to my great satisfaction, he winced. "I don't want to see your face ever again."

He looked up at Tam's leg. It looked like the bone had shattered and it was a miracle that he couldn't feel anything. "Tam needs a medic. You can hate me when his leg is healed," the physician mumbled, shame written on his features.

I scowled. "Fine, but don't try anything." I could tell that I hurt him, but I wanted to. The Neverseen damaged us a lot more than words could ever do.

"Sophie, when have I ever hurt you?" Elwin asked. I huffed, ignoring the question. Gingerly, the physician carefully picked up Tam's leg and set a clean towel underneath it with Tam gritting his teeth in pain the whole time. I offered the shade my hand, which he gladly took. I was the one to grip my teeth. He had an iron grip on my fingers. It felt like they broke. I watched in suspicion as Elwin flashed multiple colors around his leg, frowning deeper with each one. Finally, he took out a few elixirs from his bag along with a bunch of bandages.

As soon as he was done wrapping Tam's leg in a cast, he handed the boy a couple elixirs. I snatched them away. "I'm  not drinking anything that the Neverseen gives me," Tam growled and Elwin flinched.

He sighed. "Sophie, Tam, the Neverseen took my wife and daughter and are threatening to kill them if I don't obey orders. You have to trust me when I say that I would never willingly betray you," he choked out. I just sat there staring at him. Elwin turned his head away, but I still saw the tears.

After weighing the possibilities I decided to wrap my arms around the flasher and squeeze him. "Elwin, why didn't you tell us?" I asked, still half suspicious.

"I didn't want to burden you." I snorted. I was already over exerted, what is two other lives gonna do?

"What are their names?" Tam asked Elwin.

"My wife is called Bronwyn, and our daughter is Elna," Elwin explained.

§§§§§§§§§§§§
Guys, I'm really sorry, but this chapter sucks. Really the only reason I made this chapter was to tell you guys why Elwin was with the neverseen. When I get inspiration, I'll add more to this chapter. The next chapter will be set after Elwin has left.