Chapter 18: Shopping for Christmas

It was December 20th and Christmas was coming. Everyone was very excited about this. Christmas was Zelda and Mipha's favourite festival because you can get many presents and celebrate with friends and families. This Christmas, the whole Form 4 University students were going to celebrate their last Christmas in this school. They were going to graduate after this year, so they wanted to celebrate it together.

"Oh! I am so excited about this!" Zelda shouted, " Five days to Christmas!"

"Yes, it is very exciting! But where should we celebrate at? I haven't got any news about it. The school was not supposed to be open during Christmas! So that means we are not allowed to celebrate at school?" Mipha said sadly.

" That's a really good question. What do say about it, Alicia?" Zelda asked.

" Oh! Did you guys not know that Alson and Link handed a form to the head teacher and hoped that we will get permission to come into the school hall to celebrate Christmas? The head teacher allowed us to come to school on that day to celebrate! It will be on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day! We can do a sleepover at school!" Alicia said.

" But aren't the school have school rules? I don't think we can do a sleepover." Sidon overheard the conversation and joined in it.

" Don't worry, Sidon. The headteacher said it was a really good idea. And because this is our last year at school, so she will break the rule once. The only request is not to make the hall very dirty." Alson suddenly came in and spoke.  

" We are going to report it to the class later." Link said.

" That is great!" Zelda said, " I would love it very much!"

Later in the class, the tutor shouted, " Can I please have your attention please?" The whole class was immediately in silence, the tutor continued, " Link and Alson have good news to tell us! Can we please have them up?"

" Here we go, Miss!" Link and Alson walked up.

" So there is a piece of very exciting news. Christmas is coming up and I've heard that most of you want to celebrate it with the form 4." Alson started.

" However, everyone knows that the school is not open on that day, and there are rules that do not let students go to school during Christmas." Link continued.

" The good news is the head teacher said we can break the rule this time only to go into the school and have fun." After saying this, all people in this class shouted, " Hurray!!!" Some of them throw their books into the air and some of them give others high-fives.

" We will have a two-day party, feel free to bring your clothes and do a sleepover! The only rule is to pick up all the rubbish after that." Alson said.

" Thank you, Alson and Link. You bring very good news to us!" The tutor said, " By the way, tomorrow is when the school holiday start. Have fun! I will also be there on the day that we have a party. I am sure everyone will be very excited about this. Take a rest during these days and see you guys one Christmas eve at school."

It is after school time now. Mipha, Zelda, and Alicia were planning for buying new clothes for the party. " I guess we should give everyone a present who come for the sleepover, what do you think?" Zelda suggested.

" That's such a good idea!" Mipha said, " We should go and get some sweets and a thank you card, especially for the people we know for a long and who take care of us a lot." 

" So do the teachers! OMG, many things are waiting for us to be done!" Alicia said.

" We have to catch the time. It is 9 in the morning right now." Zelda said, checking her Google map, " And the closest shop is the card shop! Let's go!" They went there and shop for many beautiful cards.