Epilogue I

"Divine Life" Meera traced the name of the plant's cafe

Her mother walked out dressed in a plain lavender saree, an outfit that Meera and Rasika had coerced her into wearing. Her mother was smiling like a child, and that spread solace inside Meera's heart.

"Meera, come here. I was waiting for you for two hours," her mother urged, dragging her inside in a hurry.

Inside, Rasika, Eshwar, and Rayaan were already looking after the arrangements.

The nursery business had evolved into a cafe, with a wide-open hall showcasing unique and fragrant plants. Tables and chairs were arranged for people to sit and enjoy their reading, resembling an open-roof library. They also sold and rented out plants as per people's requirements. The business was a success, and both the women, Rasika and Mihika enjoyed it.

They had recently received a large order for a wedding, the son of Eshwar's friend Nitin. Since they were busy with the preparation, Rayaan, Meera, and Eshwar joined in. Despite having many helpers, both women took a toll on themselves. They got extremely busy whenever there was a large order, which meant almost every other week.

Meera saw her mother and mother-in-law breathe a sigh of relief as they finally packed the order. It was loaded and hurried to the destination.

"Relax, Mothers, everything is fine. Don't stress yourselves," Meera said, kissing their foreheads and embracing them in a loving hug.

Both of them melted at her gesture, pulling her into a tight hug.

Eshwar and Rayaan smiled softly at the exchange of love.

"So, the work is done. Now let's have pizza, Rasika Ji. What do you say, Mihika Ji?" Eshwar raised his eyebrows at the two ladies, but Rasika narrowed her eyes at him, "Pizza? Seems healthy" she retorted with a forced smile, leaving him looking like a deer caught in headlights.

"I was saying it for the kids, Rayaan and Meera. We will have something healthy," he laughed it off, moving towards the car.

"Of course, of course," Rasika followed behind him, and the rest three stifled their laughs.

They reached their favorite dining place for lunch, filled with fun banter and teasing, though they missed Aryan. Three months earlier, he had shifted abroad to complete his medical degree. Meera enjoyed his company, and even after he went back to his house after working with Rayaan during his holidays, he would often come to their place. They had great fun together.

Meera looked at her mother with a peaceful smile, warming her heart. She did everything for this smile.

She remembered the bitter old days when her mother was suicidal and lost interest in everything. She had said that she was only living for her daughter, and if not for Meera, she would have been long dead.

Only Meera knew how much it hurt to see her mother in such a state, in a state of loneliness. She could only watch it all, being helpless.

But today, she was smiling, living peacefully. It all started from her marriage. Her mother knew Rayaan was a good guy, ideal for her daughter. She was doing the preparations for marriage with all her heart. Meera saw the spark alive in her eyes again after so many years during her wedding. And that time her decision to marry only got stronger.

And after Rayaan knew everything, he refused to let her mother stay in loneliness anymore. It took time to convince her to get out of her shell because she was too concerned about society, too concerned about what her relatives would say. But Meera convinced her, "Where were they when you were suffering alone? Where were they when you were snatched of your share of happiness? Why didn't they feel offended then? Why didn't they say anything then? Mumma, you have suffered it all alone. I have seen everything with my own eyes. I know it is easier said than done. But you do not deserve this, you must go out of this. Earlier, I had nothing to support you, but I'm not helpless today. I am here to take care of you, Mumma. I am here for everything," she cried in her mother's arms.

Though she never wanted to hurt Meera with all the things going on in her life, she still did. She looked at her daughter crying hysterically in her arms, and tears leaked out of her eyes too. Her daughter was hurt to see her hurt. And that's when she decided she would move out of hell for her daughter and for herself.

Meera, Rayaan, and all his family were there for her. No questions were asked about her decision. Meera rented out a flat from her salary but her mother was too hesitant to even let Meera help her, let alone her in-laws. She joined Rasika's Nursery and soon found her passion in it.

Meera couldn't be happier looking at the developments in the last two years.

She still didn't know what her mother talked to her father about moving out, but for the first time, she looked at his guilty face when they were packing her mother's belongings from his house. She doesn't even want to know. She got what she needed. She would now just ask about his health once in a while. She would send in some money for him every month, but it was all because her mother asked her too. She asked her to fulfill her duty as a daughter. No matter what, it was because of her father that she could study and have her own money. As much as Meera disliked contacting him, she knew she had to fulfill her responsibilities. So just like he fulfilled his duty as a father providing for her financial needs, she did too, providing for his financial needs in old age. There was no love and respect attached now. It was just a duty.

Meera smiled at Rayaan when he squeezed her hand under the table. If not for him, she wouldn't have been able to do all of this. One good partner can change life for the better, and Rayaan proved it. Meera was grateful to have him in her life.

She winked at him, making him gasp in surprise. He always loved her cheerful side. He winked back at her, making her giggle.

The family gave them a knowing look. Embarrassed, they looked down, silently eating their lunch, though the tips of their ears had turned red.

The elders laughed at their little moment. It was more than two years of their marriage, and still, they were far from showing PDA.