𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐭

i wish i knew, i wish i knew you wanted me

the next day, céline woke up and started to get ready. she made sure to blow her hair using a blow dryer that it would give her that blowout hairstyle. for her clothes, she went with a simple elvis t-shirt she had been given for her birthday a few months before she left france, and for bottoms, she went with a denim skirt.

and as for jewelry she went with a necklace that had a star, for earrings she went with some small hoop earrings. for shoes, she went with some black flats since she didn't have to run or anything in her physical education class. after eating breakfast and brushing her teeth, she made it to school, along with christopher of course.

because céline had already remembered her classes, christopher and céline decided to hang out with their friends, wanting to take advantage of the spare time they had before the bell would ring.

"well if it isn't mademoiselle monet and monsieur warren" two-bit said, cracking a smile. "good morning guys" christopher and céline said at the same time. "hey céline, soda-" two-bit spoke until ponyboy put a hand over his mouth immediately. "what?" céline asked, looking at both ponyboy and two-bit. "oh it's nothing, two-bit over here tends to say the stupidest things now don't you two?" ponyboy said, looking at two-bit who nodded.

céline slowly nodded, wanting to know what two-bit was going to say about sodapop. "do y'all two wanna go to our house this weekend to hang out?" ponyboy asked christopher and céline. "well yeah sure, we haven't in a long time and maybe céline will like that" christopher nodded, smiling at céline. "oh yes, you guys are just really fun to be with" céline smiled.

"just the words i wanted to hear" two-bit said, giggling. "céline are you coming over to my house after school?" ponyboy asked. "oh yes definitely, luckily we got very little to do for our project" céline nodded. "oh that's good because a certain someone will definitely love to see you" two-bit spoke, wiggling his eyebrows at her. "keep your trap shut two, he's definitely gonna kill you if he finds out you're talking about this" ponyboy warned.

"hey i'm just saying the truth" two-bit shrugged. "i mean it is better than lying" céline giggled. the bell suddenly rang, everybody starting to sluggishly walk to their class. while céline and ponyboy walked over to their first period, céline noticed that many guys looked at her, making her feel uncomfortable.

"why are so many guys looking at me ponyboy? i don't even talk to them" céline asked ponyboy using a quiet tone so that nobody would barge into their business. "guys usually do that once they see a new student. but who knows, maybe it could be more" ponyboy said. "i really hope not, most of the guys in this school are so stuck up" céline huffed in annoyance as they walked over to their classroom.

♥︎

after the last bell rang, everybody ran outside once again like if the world were ending. céline walked out with ponyboy, christopher had left about half an hour before the bell rang for an appointment but luckily his parents were aware that céline would be going to ponyboy's house.

"ponyboy, what was two-bit trying to say earlier his morning to me?" céline suddenly asked. "oh he was trying to tell you some joke that he always says that never ends up good and because you're too nice, i had to prevent him from saying it" ponyboy lied.

"well i really wouldn't mind, i like jokes" céline shrugged. "two-bit usually makes the worst jokes" ponyboy chuckled. "oh well," céline nodded, "is it okay if i take the copy with me so that i can finish the rest of the book that way it'll make it much faster and easier to finish our summary?" she asked. "oh yeah it's fine" he nodded.

"alright, thanks. i'll bring it tomorrow that's for sure" she smiled. "do you plan on coming back here once you're in france?" he asked. "sodapop asked the same question yesterday when he walked home with me. i said yes, but once i graduate which will be in a few years" she said.

"that's good" he grinned. they made it to ponyboy's house and it was chaotic once again like always. "i'm surprised that darry hasn't yelled at them or anything over how loud they are" she said. ponyboy simply laughed, "trust me, he has but they don't listen to them. but at this point he don't care" he said.

as they walked in, céline made eye contact with sodapop, who was sitting on the couch without a shirt on, which made her nervous. "hey pony, hey céline" sodapop greeted with his movie star smile. "hi sodapop" céline smiled, waving at him. "that's enough flirting for today guys" ponyboy spoke.

céline simply smiled at sodapop and moved a strand of hair behind her ear, something she did when she was nervous. then, she walked over to the dinner table where she had been working with ponyboy.

"you like him don't you?" ponyboy asked as they continued on with the project. "what?" céline looked at him weirdly. "i see the way you look at him" he said as a joke. "i barely even know him, we just said hi. but i do admit, he's really handsome" she said. "yesterday when he came back after walking you home, he came back with a big smile on his face. we asked him why and he got all defensive he even went straight to his room" he said.

"probably because he was happy to meet someone new," she shrugged, "enough of that let's just finish this project so that we have more time for ourselves before we turn this in" she said, immediately changing the topic. he nodded then started going on-topic.

♥︎

"and finally we're done" ponyboy said with a long sigh of relief. "yup" céline smiled. "i really hope we get a good grade on this project" he said. "me too, besides i think mr. syme put us together because he knows we're capable of finishing this project much faster" she said.

"yeah, do you want someone to walk you home?" he asked. "well it's not too dark, so i think i'll be fine" she shrugged, looking outside the window. "nonsense, you could still get jumped by a soc even before it's dark" he protested. "are you walking me home?" she asked.

"i'd love to but i need to finish my math homework. tell one of the guys, maybe they'd like to walk you home" he said, walking back to his room. céline nodded and walked towards the door without telling the guys, not wanting to bother them. "where do you think you're going by your lonesome?" sodapop asked, holding on to her hand. "home" she said. "let me walk you, i can't let them socs jump you" he said, getting up from the couch.

"you really don't have to, i think i'll be okay" she said with a nervous laugh. "i want to, besides you're really fun to talk to" he said as they began to walk. "and so are you" she smiled. he blushed and so did she, their cheeks turning into a reddish-pink color, because it had been starting to get dark they couldn't see it. céline thought that that maybe sodapop wasn't too bad, he was a gentleman, something the world lacked of.

hi pookies 🫶🫶

hi pookies 🫶🫶

i had been writing this since last night and i kept rewriting it bc i had writer's block and i went out of town to go eat and i was thinking of something and right now i just realized that i didn't write it but this isn't too bad so i'll keep it 😭

stay gold 💋🫶

~ alma