𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

❝ are you falling in love?
i've a feeling you are

it was finally saturday, everyone's favorite day of the week, what made it better for people was that it was sunny but along came a cold breeze that just made things better.

céline got up from bed and got changed, she decided to wear a simple white shirt along with some overalls that were embroidered with cute flowers. for shoes she went with her chuck taylors, while for jewelry she wore her star necklace and some flower shaped earrings.

because the breeze was also a cold one, she decided to wear the only jacket she brought which was a lavender purple corduroy jacket.

after she got ready, she walked to the kitchen to eat breakfast like usual. "good morning céline" alice smiled, putting a plate filled with waffles on the table. "good morning mrs. warren" céline smiled as she grabbed some plates. "céline i thought i told you that you could call me mom" alice said. "oh alright, mom" céline smiled wider, putting two waffles and some strawberries that were in a tiny bowl next to the plate full of waffles.

"do you plan on doing anything?" alice asked as she began to eat breakfast. "yes, christopher and i are going over to our friend's house and hang out" céline nodded, taking a sip of orange juice. "sounds wonderful," alice grinned, "i'm planning on getting you some new clothes because yesterday when i was putting clean clothes into each closet, i noticed you bearely had any clothes left" she said.

"you really don't have to, i could do it myself maybe tomorrow" céline said. "oh no, i'm also taking advantage of that to also go run some errands, so it's fine" alice reassured. "alright, thank you" céline smiled. "well, well, well look who woke up" alice said, looking at both christopher and joseph.

"mornin' everybody" christopher said, sitting down. "morning" they all said back. "christopher, what do your friends do everytime they hang out on the weekends?" céline asked. "well we usually play some game or go to the drive-in, but we often do different things so that our weekend hangouts don't get too boring" he said, eating his waffles.

"once we're done with breakfast we should go see what the guys are up to" céline smiled. "yeah definitely" christopher grinned, quickly eating his breakfast.

♥︎

after a short walk, christopher and céline made it to the curtis house and yes, the guys were noisier than ever. "they must really love saturdays" céline giggled. "they sure do" christopher chuckled as they both walked inside.

"well ain't this a miracle, christopher is finally back here," steve grinned, the boys doing their handshake, "and we've got céline too" he grinned. "hello steve" céline smiled, gently patting his shoulder. "the guys are in the backyard playing around, darry's makin' hot dogs" steve said, walking outside with them.

"céline you gotta try darry's hot dogs once they're ready, they're the best" christopher said as they walked over to the chairs. céline laid down on a lounge chair while she watched the guys play around. and while she was watching them, sodapop walked over to her.

"hey céline" he smiled, sitting down on a chair next to her. "hello" she smiled, sitting up and turning towards him. "how's your day going so far?" he asked, clearly wanting to start a conversation. "my day is going great. how 'bout yours?" she asked. "it's good," he nodded.

"i realized that we haven't really talked much this week and i think we should get to know each other more" he said as an excuse to know more about her. "i agree" she said cluelessly. "so what's your favorite color?" he asked. "i like blue, every single shade of blue. what about yours?" she smiled. "i like blue too" he grinned.

while they were having a longer conversation, céline couldn't help but look at his beautiful sky blue eyes as well as his pretty face, until he noticed. "is everything okay?" he asked. "oh yes, it's just that your eyes remind me of my kitten felix who has blue eyes. and well, i have never seen a handsome guy like you" she said, moving a strand of hair behind her ear again because she was starting to get nervous.

"and i've never seen a girl as beautiful as you," he grinned, "so tell me about felix" he said. "well.. felix is a siamese cat and i found him abandoned near my favorite bakery and so i decided to take him home. luckily my parents didn't mind a kitten because they like kittens and that's pretty much it. but i really miss him and can't wait to see him" she said.

"yeah, kittens are cute," he nodded. "but i really liked horses. when i was twelve i would go to a barn and there was a certain horse i got really close to, his name was mickey. while the farmer was gone, i would stay for a long time with mickey, he liked no one but me, not even the farmer himself. but sadly they gave him away and i never got to see him again" he said with a sad tone.

"you must've really loved that horse" she said, putting a hand on top of his. sodapop looked down at their hands, gently placing a hand on top of hers because he thought her skin was very fragile.

"what's the gas station you work at? so that i can come see you maybe after school or something" céline suddenly asked, basically  turning sodapop into the luckiest man in the world. "i work at the DX, it ain't too far from the school" he said.

while they kept on talking, two-bit and steve walked over to them. "aww look steve, don't they just look cute together?" two-bit giggled. sodapop and céline immediately moved their hands away from each other. "what do y'all want?" sodapop asked with a slightly annoyed tone.

"we just wanted to tell you that the hot dogs are ready" steve said, putting his hands up. "we're coming," sodapop said, getting up from the chair, so did céline. "i'm guessing christopher told you that darry makes the best hot dogs" he said. "yup, i've heard about hot dogs when i was doing research on america but i never tried one" she nodded.

"trust me you'll love it" he grinned. darry put two paper plates of hot dogs on a small table next to the grill, sodapop handing one to céline, who thanked him. céline took a small bite of the hot dog, a smile on her face. "you like it?" he asked. "christopher wasn't lying when he said darry made the best hot dogs" she said. "darry makes every single food the best" he said.

hi pookies 🫶🫶

hi pookies 🫶🫶

soda's a rizzologist fr. anyways i got writer's block again and i kept getting distracted and by the time i was taking a shower i finally got an idea on what to write 😻

stay gold 💋🫶

~ alma