𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧

more than a woman to me

it had been a day since céline was kissed by sodapop, not to mention her very first kiss. she was absolutely happy about being kissed by the guy she really liked.

currently, céline was at lunch with her friends, a big smile on her face. the guys had been noticing that she was very peculiar most of the day. that was until two-bit decided to break the silence. "you look like someone kissed you or something" he joked, unaware that it was true. "actually two-bit, i did get kissed by a special someone" she said, her smile getting much wider.

"woah. now you need to give us details" ponyboy said. "y'all are acting like a bunch of girls" céline giggled. "c'mon céline you gotta tell us, most of us haven't even gotten laid yet they probably haven't gotten kissed" christopher joked. "well yesterday i was at the DX and i was helping out sodapop but because i was wearing a dress he decided to restock the shelves since you have to get on the stairs," she began, remembering every single thing.

"and he was grabbing the heavy boxes and because he was starting to lose his balance, he fell, on top of me. and he asked me if he could kiss me and so i said yes and that's when it happened" she shrugged. "how come soda didn't tell us this?" ponyboy asked. "probably because he's aware that y'all are gonna rip on him for this" she said.

"i'm leaving in a few weeks, how crazy is that?" she asked. "at least you're coming back, that's the good part" ponyboy said. "sure is" she nodded, smiling.

♥︎

christopher and ponyboy had track practice one again, leaving céline by herself. she would've gone walking with two-bit but she found out that he had been leaving from school early.

but céline did remember that sodapop was willing to pick her up, and so she walked to the nearest payphone, which was the one right next to the dingo. céline had the small piece of paper sodapop gave her with his number, she got it out of the pocket on her backpack and looked at it while she was dialing the number.

"hello?" sodapop asked, céline immediately recognizing his voice. "hi soda. it's me, céline. i'm calling you on a payphone next to the dingo and well i was wondering if you could come pick me up if you're not too busy right now" she said. "sure i can pick you up, do you wanna go somewhere to eat though?" he asked.

"well if you haven't ate already then sure, i'll go" she said. "i haven't. i'll come by and maybe we can go to the dingo and then we can home to my house" he said. "great. thanks a lot soda, you're the best" she said, then hung up.

céline waited fo sodapop, sitting on the sidewalk because she had been getting bored. but luckily he arrived quickly, with steve's car since darry was still at work. "hi soda" she smiled. "hey céline" he said. "i have some money for the dingo" she said, grabbing her backpack. "oh no, it's on me i insist" he said.

"alright" she smiled, walking inside of the dingo with sodapop. after they got their order, they looked down at the table, not knowing what else to say. sodapop then took the oppurtunity to ask her out, even if he was aware that she was leaving soon.

"céline," sodapop began, gently holding one of her hands, "ever since the moment i saw you, i couldn't take my eyes off you. and it's not just your beauty that's made me feel something for you, it's also your sweet personality. you have no idea how boring everything was until i met you. and i want to take this opportunity to ask you if you will be my girlfriend" he said all of a sudden.

céline looked up at him amazed, she had rejected a few guys because of how selfish they were. but with sodapop, she knew he was the right person for her. she was happy at the fact that the only guy she's ever liked had asked her out, and he confessed his love for her in a short, but very beautiful way. but she was sad because of the fact that she had to leave him soon.

she thought of her answer for a bit, until she decided. "yes, i will be your girlfriend" she smiled, holding his hand with her other hand. sodapop grinned at her, feeling like the luckiest man in the world. "but soda, how are things going to be once i go back to france?" she asked with a frown. "let's not worry about that, we shouldn't be worrying about that right now" he said.

after talking for a bit, they got their orders, eating their food as if there was no tomorrow.

♥︎

sodapop dropped off céline at her house, then drove back home.

and like always, he walked home with a big smile on his face. "soda, where the hell did you go with my car?" steve asked, looking up at him from the floor. "i went to pick up céline, but we went to the dingo" sodapop answered, sitting on the couch. "woah, did you ask her out or something?" steve asked.

"yes steve, i did. and she said yes" sodapop grinned widely. "we heard she kissed you" two-bit spoke, eating a slice of chocolate cake. "we did" he nodded. "but what's gonna happen between y'all once she moves back to france?" steve asked.

"i don't know. i just really hope we don't break up, i love her so much. i can't let that happen" sodapop said. "man, you could always find some other chick to cope with your blues" dallas spoke. "i ain't gonna use your advice dally" sodapop said, laughing. "just sayin" dallas shrugged.

hi pookies 💋

hi pookies 💋

i was super close to having writer's block (again) but i ended up not having one for now

it's been 2 days and i am so close to finishing this book ong, i cant believe it

stay gold 💋🫶

~ alma