SVT NEXT DOOR | 23

SVT NEXT DOOR | 23

AREUM'S POV

"Areum, what are you doing?" Aria cautiously peered into my room, her curious eyes scanning the scene as I lay on my bed, my head hanging off the bedside, and my earphones in place. 

Startled by her presence, I swiftly yanked the earphones out, curious to hear what she had to say.

"Aria?" I greeted, my voice slightly muffled from the upside-down position.

She stepped further into the room, her graceful figure finding its way to the seat at my study desk. With a quizzical expression, she gestured toward my unconventional posture.

"Is your head okay? Won't you get dizzy like that?" she asked, concern lacing her voice.

I straightened myself up and settled into a more conventional sitting position on the bed.

"I'm just feeling nervous," I confessed, my voice tinged with a mix of excitement and anxiety. "They asked me to come in for practice starting tomorrow."

Aria's eyes widened, realization dawning on her. "Wait, you mean Pledis?" she asked, her tone tinged with excitement.

I nodded, a hint of anticipation glimmering in my eyes. "Yes, I got into the company. It's a temporary contract, though. We'll be attending a training camp for a few weeks before they officially take us in as trainees."

Aria settled into a thoughtful silence, her gaze fixed on the floor as she processed the information.

"So, you're going to be a trainee intern," she mused, a smile playing at the corners of her lips.

I stared at her for a moment, the weight of her words sinking in before a laugh bubbled out of me. "You're absolutely right. I guess I'm practically a trainee intern at this point," I admitted, amusement tugging at my voice.

Aria's smile widened, and her eyes sparkled with warmth. "Remember, you can always talk to me, okay? I'm here for you," she offered, her words filled with genuine care.

I returned her smile, grateful for her support. "Thank you for being here, Aria. I know you were assigned to babysit me, but you've been incredibly kind since you arrived."

Aria's smile softened, and mischief danced in her eyes as she took a step closer. "You know what? Now that you're less hostile toward me, I'll let you in on a little secret," she teased, her voice filled with playful intrigue.

My curiosity piqued, I blinked at her, eagerly awaiting her revelation.

"I... actually have a boyfriend," she confessed, her expression mischievous. "Joshua is like a little brother to me," she added with a wink.

A blush crept onto my cheeks, realizing that my jealousy had likely been all too transparent.

Aria chuckled at my flushed reaction. "You're so easy to read, you know. Your face says it all," she teased, her voice laced with amusement. With a graceful stride, she made her way to the door, leaving me blushing like a ripe tomato in her wake.

As the door closed, I couldn't help but smile. Despite our initial differences, Aria had become a comforting presence in my life, someone I could trust and confide in. And now, with her secret shared, our bond seemed to strengthen, allowing for a deeper connection to blossom between us.

***

I sat on the cozy balcony, immersed in the pages of a captivating novel. The golden rays of the setting sun bathed the surroundings in a warm, ethereal glow, casting a serene ambiance over the scene.