7

Both boosted with confidence after Kokushibo's talks with them (although of course Douma thought it was his subconscious), the two started hanging out even more than before. By now, it was November and winter was starting. The two Uppermoons sat on a roof in the cold, talking. About what wasn't quite clear for the subject changed quite often, but it brought them both comfort and warmth, however cold the weather might be. The two chatted away into the night, laughing and smiling—something the two were rarely doing together. Or in each others presence at all, at least in Akaza's case. But today was different. Today they were closer. And as the thought settled into their minds, slowly but surely—like a feather floating down—they scooted closer, shoulders nearly touching, their body warmth radiating off of each other and helping the two stay warm. It wasn't until nearly sunrise did the pair get up and go back to their designated homes. It was a wonderful feeling to love. And an even better one to feel loved.

____________________________

November swept past like a blur and all too soon it was Christmas. Many humans were preparing for it, the happy chatter through the air and the warmth of the food baking from street to street wafted all the way to the demons. The demons never celebrated Christmas. They just went on, ignoring it all. But for a reason unbeknownst to the demons, their lord called the 12 Kizuki in for a meeting.

As they were teleported in one by one, they all bowed to their king who cleared his throat to address his demons. "As you all might know, it is Christmas."

A collective round of uncertain nods rippled through the 12 Kizuki. They wondered if he would send them off to destroy the humans beloved holiday—not that they wouldn't mind, but Muzan looked rather awkward. He said, "Someone suggested that you all, and some invited if you wanted, would go to a Christmas party. I do not know why this would matter, but it is required all of you to dress up for tomorrow on Christmas and Nakime will teleport you to the Infinity Fortress. All of you must bring at least one invited person and 'have fun' as they'd put it. That is all. I will not attend, I have far better things to do." And then he left.

Every demon in the room immediately turned to each other for an explanation that nobody could give.

"Could this be a trap?" Gyokko wondered.

Hantengu trembled at said, "I-If it i-is I w-won't go..!"

Douma just looked fakely cheerful as always. "We must do as Master says, a trap or not!"

To everyone's surprise, Akaza agreed. All of them left it at that once Kokushibo did as well. They started leaving the fortress to get ready for the upcoming event that nobody knew what to think of it.

____________________________

Akaza arrived at the Fortress with a demon woman he'd found on the road. She had looked rather lost, perhaps had just recently become a demon, so he'd decided to take her so she could feel better. After he introduced himself, she did seem a little happier to have been picked to go to a Christmas party by an Uppermoon, which Akaza was glad for because she wasn't crying any longer. He hated to see any woman in any sort of distress.

"What is your name?" he asked, as the two walked slowly down the snowy path. Akaza was waiting for Nakime to teleport him, it wouldn't be long.

"I-I'm Sayuki," she woman whispered. She looked at Akaza in wonder. "Are you really one of the most powerful beings to exist?" Her eyes sparkled excitedly. Akaza nodded modestly. "Well, I'm the 4th most powerful, but in all honesty I'm sure there are more powerful people out there. And I'm sure you could be one of them soon!" he encouraged, smiling slightly. Sayuki beamed.

The two walked for a couple more minutes, Sayuki making small braids with the two white streaks amidst all the black, in the front of her hair. She paused to pull them behind her head and then tied it up a little. She formed a sort of halo over her head with her hair, and once she was satisfied with it, she started to walk again, to catch up with Akaza, when suddenly she jolted and next thing she knew, she stood in a room she did not recognize. There were many other demons there, and it was warm. There was decor all over and it looked like those Christmas parties she would go to. She jerked to where she assumed Akaza was and saw him looking around for something, or someone.

"W-Where are we?" she stuttered, confused. He seemed to know where they were though.

"We're in the Infinity Fortress. Make yourself at home here." Akaza motioned to where Daki sat with a couple other demon girls. "Why don't you go talk to them?" he suggested. Sayuki nodded and went off to there.

Akaza smiled then looked around once more. Where was Douma? Then he spotted a blur of red, black, and pale yellow before he was attacked with a hug by a familiar blond demon. "Douma! You little fuck, you startled me," Akaza huffed. He got up and brushed himself off. "Who did you bring?"

Douma smiled sheepishly. "Ah, sorry Akaza-dono." Then he turned around. "Hm, I don't know where he went. Oh there he is!" Douma waved around at this turquoise haired demon who sauntered over. "This is Hibiki!" Upper two said, introducing the horned demon.

"Hey." Hibiki smiled coyly at Akaza. "Nice to meet you." He had two turquoise horns, turquoise hair, blue and turquoise clothes, and, well, (dark) turquoise eyes which scanned Akaza carefully from up to down. Basically, everything about Hibiki was turquoise. Except his skin which was a shade of light caramel. Akaza nodded his acknowledgement then turned to Douma. "Haven't you mentioned him before? His name sounds familiar," the striped demon said.

Douma thought for a second then nodded. "I think I have. Actually, it was around when we first met! I'm surprised you remembered."

Akaza looked thoughtful. "Wasn't he the one who knew my name?" he asked.

Douma nodded and Hibiki sighed, exasperated. He shot Douma a glare that he intended to say 'Why the fuck would you tell him that?!' but Douma interpreted it as, 'You should've mentioned me to something more interesting to be remembered by!' The blond shrugged, half apologetic, half confused. Hibiki cocked his head to the side, perplexed, but said nothing.

Akaza turned to the turquoise demon. "How did you know my name?!" he demanded.

"I heard it from someone," Hibiki lied, not missing a beat.

"Who?"

"Just somebody mentioning it."

"..Okay then.."

Douma was confused. But he just brushed it off and then wrapped his arm around Akaza's shoulder. "What do you want to do first?"

"Eh?" the pink haired demon asked, looking confused.

Hibiki left the two alone and stood by a set of staircases. He was probably going to lose this bet, but fuck that. Right now, he would go find someone to flirt with.

{I was about to apologize for the short amount of words then realized it was 1,170+ words. Anyways SORRY I TOOK SO LONG, I WOULD'VE HELD IT OFF FOR LONGER IF SOMEONE DIDN'T THREATEN TO KIDNAP ME IF I DIDN'T UPDATE 😨

I hope you're satisfied for now bc the next chapter will be in 20 years /hj

Byee ;3

(no but i'll def write more after I finish the UPM oneshot thingy I'm writing)}