11

Akaza couldn't wait. February was drawing nearer and he really wanted to know what Douma was planning. In all honesty, he just couldn't wait for more time with Douma—and on Valentine day of all days! He felt it would make their relationship all the more real. And he wanted that. He truly did.

But he was also getting worried. Or, more like, jealous. A feeling he wasn't all that familiar with and figured it was a gut feeling.

He hated how Douma would be so friendly with everyone. And how Hibiki and Douma seemed to be having some sort of secret in between each other—something Douma refused to tell Akaza.

He had the right to be suspicious! He didn't necessarily think Douma was cheating on him, he didn't seem like the type to get into a relationship and then almost immediately just jump into another.

Honestly, if anyone was the type to do that they shouldn't get into relationships in the first place.

Akaza found himself thinking about this over and over, constantly coming to the conclusion that either Douma and Hibiki were for some reason talking about Akaza and it was something bad.

But he would, every time, not bring himself to continue thinking that and would try looking at it all over again from the beginning. He really didn't want to think that his boyfriend was trash-talking him. I mean, who would?

Akaza felt... hopeless, probably. He didn't like this.

He jolted, then, realizing he'd gone down this path once more. Somehow, whenever he thought about Valentines day, his mind brought him back to the fact that Douma was spending more time with Hibiki than Akaza was comfortable with.

But jealousy makes people weak and do things they'll regret. Jealousy makes people put poison in a well instead of facing others head-on.

Akaza rolled his eyes at himself. This was stupid.

He stood and went off to find Douma, deciding his own hunger didn't matter at the moment.

____________________________

Douma was buying decorations. Yes, he was buying them. He paid. But only because he felt that if he was going to prepare a date for Akaza, it had to be sincere. From, like, the bottom of his heart or whatever it was humans said.

And so he was buying it. Though the money was stolen, at least he paid!! And he hadn't taken it from a woman which Akaza would've hated.

All this made Douma feel triumphant. For some reason.

But then he sensed Akaza nearby and panicked, not wanting the surprise to be ruined. He quickly paid for the decorations and sped off.

He went to his cult room and hid all of the things in the place he'd been planning them—he felt that planning while people spilled out all the trauma of their lives was sort of comforting.

Akaza came by a couple minutes later and greeted Douma.

"Hello, Akaza-dono! You've come to see me?" the blond said enthusiastically.

Akaza nodded, smiling slightly. "What are you doing?"

"Ehm... Nothing, just sitting here like a... a happy duck!" Douma said uncertainly. It was safe to say he was horrible at making excuses.

"A happy duck..?" Akaza asked, confused. "Uh.. alright."

Douma nodded slowly. "Uhm.. Why were you looking for me?"

Akaza hesitated. "No reason, just bored," he lied.

"So I'm a past time, now?" Upper 2 inquired. He grinned.

"No- I just had nothing to do!"

"Ooh, am I your hobby," Douma said, leaning towards Akaza. "You going to do me~?"

"Do you even know what that means!??" Akaza complained, flushing.

Douma shrugged. "Is there another meaning to it-?"

"Nevermind."

Douma got up and hugged Akaza. "I'm happy you missed me though!"

"I didn't miss you!"

"You did too! That's why you came to see me!"

"Keep telling yourself that!"

"I will!"

Akaza grumbled but didn't protest. "Want to go on a walk or something? It's nice outside. Warm. Also no clouds so you can see some stars on high grounds with not so much light."

Douma's eyes shone. "Yes! Let's go!"

And so they went, spending the night together, walking and talking.

As the sky brightened and the demons were forced to go back inside, Douma noticed that Akaza seemed a lot happier now. He smiled to himself.

Hopefully he looked like that on Valentines day..

HELP I'M SORRY I HAVEN'T POSTED IN LIKE OVER A MONTH..

And this is short

But anyways, since this is close to finishing, i'll, like, post one chap today, then schedule the next chapters to be in december, january, and february so the last one is in feb?? 

ARGHH IDKK
depends on how many more chapters there will be (probably 4? The date, the angst, and then ending :33)

sounds so much easier said T-T..