8

Akaza and Douma talked near the Christmas tree Nakime had put up. "So, who did you bring, Akaza-dono?" Douma asked curiously.

"A demon woman I found on the side of the road. Sayuki. She's over with Daki." He pointed to the group of girls huddling around Nakime as she played music. "The one with black and white hair, and the white kimono."

Douma nodded. "Very expected of you, Akaza-dono."

"What's that supposed to mean??"

Douma laughed and ruffled Akaza's hair. "Do you really not know?"

"Nevermind," Akaza grumbled. He looked a little flushed. Was he cold? Douma lifted his hand but it wasn't cold at all inside. Oh whatever, maybe Akaza was just sensitive to the cold..!

"Do you know what we should do?" Douma asked, looking bored.

Akaza shook his head. "Hm.. no. Anyways, uh.." he looked around, trying to think of something to say. "Uhh where did you meet that Hibiki guy? He looks suspicious.." he mumbled, glaring at the back of Hibiki's head.

"Don't be mean, Akaza-dono! Hibiki-kun is my friend." Douma pouted, poking the striped demon's arm.

"Yeah yeah whatever. Moving on, Nakime said it was pretty outside, maybe we could go on the roof? I'll go ask her," Akaza said, leaving towards the girls. Douma nodded and waited by the tree. Hibiki came over again and smirked. "Soo? How's it going?"

"I'm okay, thank you!" the blond said, smiling back.

"No, I meant the bet- You have around two months left. Are you dating him yet? And do you know if he's even fallen for you?" Hibiki asked, looking smug.

"Oh. Time has passed so quickly-" Douma commented, looking thoughtful.

"So that's a no?"

"No no- We're close, I'm sure.."

"Then why do you look so unsure?"

"I do not!"

"Yes you doooo!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Your boyfriend's coming, I'll be off now!" Hibiki grinned then seemed to disappear as Akaza approached Upper 2.

"Nakime said she would! C'mon!" he said happily, pulling Douma's arm. He looked so excited it was cute. Wait what-? No no, he was supposed to make him fall for him. Wait that didn't make sense anymore. No.. Whatever, this didn't matter. All that mattered was getting this party over with and proving Hibiki was wrong. Yeah. All that mattered.

____________________________

The two sat on the roof of the infinity castle, gazing up into the sky. The night happened to be crystal clear, which was very convenient. The stars were beautiful, glittering across the sky and making it seem as if they were covered and a pretty blanket of sparkles. It was cold, though, so Akaza kept sneezing and trying to curl up in a ball to keep in his warmth. Given he wore no shirt and his clothes weren't the best for the winter, it wasn't helping too much. Douma kept trying to offer to keep him close but it didn't work and the most Akaza would do is scoot slightly closer so the two were an inch away from each other. But this was about the closest they're been, by choice, so it was a huge improvement, even if it was only because the other was cold.

"It's really pretty, no?" Douma said after a while, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, you can see so much at night. I don't understand why many humans fear it," Akaza commented.