10

Hibiki confronted Douma a month before the bet ended. "Douma!" he said, a smirk playing on his face. "The bet is nearly over, you have one month left. On February 14, if you're not dating Akaza by then, you lose," he declared, looking proud of himself.

Douma, knowing he would win since he was already dating Akaza, met Hibiki's gaze confidently. "I will have no problem winning!"

"Keep telling yourself that," Hibiki said, his hands on his hips. "I know you'll never win with the way Akaza has been avoiding you lately.

The avoiding had been Akaza being too embarrassed to admit to anyone he was dating Upper 2. Douma had agreed, simply because it would throw Hibiki off track when the day came that he revealed that he had won. Otherwise he would've insisted that they made their relationship more public since Douma didn't necessarily like the idea of hiding it. It would mean he couldn't just randomly hug or kiss Akaza when others were around. Although, Akaza's flustered face would've made it very much worth it.

"Yeah, but, that's all part of my plan," Douma insisted, nodding to himself.

"As I said, keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. Now, I'll see you on the day your bet ends—and I will be stalking you so don't you go fucking someone because that is not something I want to see," Hibiki said. He saluted to Douma with a goofy grin and then sped off.

Douma smiled back as he watched the demon leave. "I think sex is a bit too far right now. Doubt Akaza-dono will want to jump right into it," he said to himself with a laugh.

____________________________

Akaza was in a good mood as he met up with Douma that night. He was smiling to himself as he sat, perched on the tree Douma had found him at time and time before.

When the blond had arrived, Akaza had waved and greeted him cheerfully.

"Someone's in a good mood," Douma said, hugging his boyfriend tightly.

"Am I not allowed to be?" Akaza pointed out, letting him hug him. "Anyways, what are you doing tonight?"

"Nothing much. I've already eaten and finished my missions so I'm free to do whatever," Douma said with a shrug. He kissed Akaza's cheek then looked out through the tree's branches that overlooked the city. "You?"

"Same here." Akaza relaxed against Douma's grip and said, "what do you like to do where you have nothing assigned?"

"I usually just sit in the Eternal Paradise cult room and talk to people as they come. It's not the most interesting thing to do, considering I've done it since I was, like, a toddler." Douma rolled his eyes. "Do you have any past times?"

Akaza shook his head. "Mostly thinking. I come here a lot, as you've probably noticed."

Douma nodded. "Yeah, you said something about the Koyuki girl, no?"

"Mhm."

The two sat in silence, just enjoying the warmth of each other and the view from the tree. Akaza then sat up, having a sudden thought. "Douma!"

"Hm?"

"It's been almost a year since we met," he said, turning to the blond. "Damn, I didn't realize how much time it's been since then. A year. Whole fucking year."

"Oh- You've been counting the days?" Douma asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Uh.. No..?" Akaza said, more as a question than an answer.

"Ooh, have you liked me this whole time~?" Douma teased, using his hand to draw up Akaza's chin to him.

"Noo, shut upp," Akaza whined, trying to pull away.

Douma managed to get a quick kiss before Akaza detached himself from him. "Sure, love, whatever you say," Douma smirked.

Akaza rolled his eyes, his cheeks tinted pink. "Anyways.. The exact date for the year is, uh.., is the 14th? So in a little less then a month," he continued, crossing his arms and turning his back to Douma.

"Right, right," he said. And also the day the bet ended and the day he won it!

Akaza turned back to him. "Douma, the 14th of february is Valentines day," he said, as if trying to point something out that Douma didn't understand.

"Mhm, and?"

"Valentines day??" Akaza repeated, groaning.

"What of it?"

"My god, you're clueless! Why did I even agree to dating you," he grumbled.

"Because you loovee me," Douma said, puckering his lips to kiss him.

Akaza pushed his head away then said, "Valentines day is when couples take each other out."

"Mhm?"

"Who ate your brain—I'm saying that we should, like, you know, uhm.. You know what I mean, right??" Akaza said, covering his face in embarrassment.

"Oh- So, like a date? Ooh!! Akaza-dono you want to go on a date with me~?" Douma asked, half to tease him, half because he wanted Akaza to say it himself.

"Yes, you idiot!"

"Of coursee!! We can have a picnic and stuff!! I'll buy you something maybe," Douma pondered.

Akaza sighed heavily. "You're so stupid sometimes, that took you forever to understand."

"..No I'm not! You just didn't explain it well," Douma insisted.

"Are you saying I'm the dumb one??" Akaza shot back.

"No! I'm saying.. Wait that does make it sound like I'm saying that. But, no, that's not what I meant," Douma insisted

"Whatever."

"Okayy, I'm going to go plan the date," Douma decided, standing.

"A month ahead?" Akaza asked, standing as well.

"I guess. But thinking ahead is always good," the blond declared, hands on his hips.

"Fine, but tell me where you want to go then before the day because I might hate it," Akaza warned.

"But.. I want it to be a surprise!"

"Bitch- Fine, do whatever you want, but its not my fault if the place turns out to be shitty. Now, I'm going to go, uh, get something," Akaza said. "See you tomorrow, if we have no missions."

"See you tomorrow, my love!" Douma called back, waving as his boyfriend took off.

BRO I KEEP ACCIDENTALLY TYPING DOUMA AS DUMA I'M SOBBING

my sister has now nicknamed him Duma bc of the amount of times I've messed up 😭

Anyways this chapter is kinda just 

nothing 

if i'm being honest

I'LL MAKE THE NEXT ONE MORE SOMETHING HAPPENING OKAY.. 

i hope

honestly i might just do a cliff hanger on the next chapter and then not post for several months 😋/j