12

Valentines day, February 14, who even counts the years anymore?

Akaza was waiting in anticipation, staring at the window as the last rays of sun disappeared from the sky. He was so jittery with excitement and nervousness which he didn't even know why he was feeling. Of course, he also didn't know why he'd fallen for Douma, but... it wasn't like he'd know every life mystery.

He stood and paced around the room, waiting. He wanted to be out and about because staying in these tight quarters for so long was irritating but Douma would come here to pick him up and he couldn't leave incase the blond came by and found he wasn't there.

So he waited. And luckily he didn't have to wait long. Douma arrived a few minutes later with a pair of gloves in his hand which he handed to Akaza.

"What?-" the shorter Uppermoon said in confusion, taking the gloves.

"You get cold more easily, no? I wanted to make sure you were warm," Douma said, shrugging.

Akaza nodded, grateful for the thought, and slipped on the gloves. They fit perfectly on his hands and were soft. Douma smiled. "I picked out that color just for you, Akaza-dono! Because of your pretty eyes!" he said, pointing to the golden colored gloves.

Akaza smiled back shyly. "Uhm... Let's go now, hm?"

"Okay! Follow me!" the blond said giddy, taking his hand and pulling him out.

The two walked for a while, hand in hand, through the snow. It had snowed last night, making it harder for Akaza to find humans because of the thick air—and it was cold. Besides that, humans usually stayed inside and would be harder to keep commotion down if they were all hidden. So to say... Akaza was hungry. He'd not eaten as much as he'd wished to yesterday and was hoping that wherever Douma took him would have food.

Eventually, they came to a stop in front of what appeared to be a building of a restaurant.

"You realize we can't eat human food, right?" Akaza asked, cocking an eyebrow to the other.

Douma nodded. "But since it's so cold out... there would be a lot of humans there to eat!" he said, grinning.

"You know... that's actually smart for once," Akaza said, inspecting Douma closely. "Have you been saving up all your brain cells for today??"

The blond whined, shaking Akaza. "I'm not stupid!!"

"I just said you weren't smart," Akaza said, sticking out his tongue.

"Hmph."

They glared at each other for a minute before Douma said abruptly, "Let's go in now thought. You look cold."

Akaza, just realizing he was shivering, nodded. "Okay."

The two entered and received not much reaction at first. But then someone saw Akaza and said, slowly, "Are you wearing face-pain, sir..?"

Akaza raised an eyebrow then remembered the stripes lining his face. "No, I'm just cold," he joked.

The person looked confused but allowed them to pass.

Douma leaned over to the pinkette. "What should we do first?"

Akaza thought for a moment. "We'll start from the front. That way no one can escape," he decided.

"Okay!"

The blond paused for a moment and then activated his blood demon art, freezing nearly everything within sixty feet of him, but the people. Everybody but the two demons looked confused at first but then they started scrambling about, slipping on the icy ground.

Akaza laughed softly. "Hm... they look lost, should we help them?"

Douma grinned.

The two demons went about, Akaza pretending to help some of the men only to rip their arms off.

Douma, deciding that since Akaza preferred keeping the women to be safe, simply picked them up and threw them out the window where he knew the snow would protect their fall.

Akaza continued with his antics until there wasn't a single alive man in the place besides the Uppermoons.

He turned and looked around. "Is there any fireplace? We came in here to be warm," he said, huffing.

"Right, right, sorry," Douma apologized quickly finding some lanterns and lighting them.

The room was filled with a soft glow and Akaza nodded. "I like this place."

He found that all the tables and chairs had been frozen and, while trying to find a way to unfreeze them, noticed Douma sitting down next to one of the lanterns.

Akaza grabbed some of the human men and plopped them onto the table then proceeded to casually sit down on his boyfriend's lap.

The blond, not having expected this, gave a sort of high-pitched squeal making Akaza look at him.

"The hell?" he said, raising an eyebrow.

"Sorry-" Douma apologized. "I didn't expect that."

"Obviously,"

Akaza made himself comfortable and Douma wrapped his arms around his torso. As Akaza ate, Douma spoke a little about what he was planning next.

"I wanted to go ice-skating," Douma was saying mindlessly, resting his head on Akaza's shoulder. "And then, I know this one place that looks really pretty at night. The sky, mostly. We can stay there for some time after because I heard that since it was Valentine's day that someone was putting off some fireworks—thought they're doing it illegally but we eat people so I don't think it matters—and it's near that place. You like fireworks, right? I think they're really pretty!"

Akaza nodded absently. "Okay then. We'll do that."

Douma nodded, smiling. "Yay! I hope you have a good day today, Akaza-dono."

"I hope so too."

____________________________

The ice-skating turned out to be a bit disastrous as Akaza constantly fell, not used to the way the shoes worked and the blades at the end of them. In the end, Douma only skated around, twirling randomly and holding Akaza in his arms.

He'd originally wanted to try one of those sort of figure-skating tricks with the partners in which people danced but he quickly discovered that would be unavailable to him given that Akaza didn't know how to ice-skate.

After that, Douma took Akaza to the place he'd spoken of before, which ended up being on someone's roof. Though the place under them wasn't all that fancy, the blond had been right to say it was beautiful here at night.

The sky was glittering with stars all over and the lights of the town here was scarce so you could clearly see the lights blinking in the night sky. Along with that, there weren't any trees blocking the view and it was absolutely... gorgeous.

As the two demons made themselves comfortable, cuddling against each other and gazing up at the sky, there was the loud sound of fireworks displayed in front of them.

Akaza flinched at the familiar sound but Douma wrapped an arm around his shoulder tightly, comfortingly, and whispered, "Don't worry, Akaza-dono, I'm right here."

Although he wasn't scared, Akaza found this made him more relaxed and soon he was watching the fireworks flashing into the sky with only the sense of warmth and contentment.

Somewhere in the shadows as the two's relationship blossomed, Hibiki watched in curiousity.

"Suppose they are dating now? I'll tell him the bet is over then. After all it's been a year... and he did win," he said, sighing. 

don't do illegal fireworks though that should go w/o saying..

also i was gonna say sorry this is short but it's actually 1.1k words LOL