ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ

"Someone kill me."

YeuriThe name of a calm female Ghost, who can be aggressive when triggered

Yeuri
The name of a calm female Ghost, who can be aggressive when triggered.

Ghost had never felt more pain in his ass than a hemorrhoid could ever cause. The pain in his ass in context? Y/N fucking L/N. The girl was, and likely always would be, a relentless thorn in his side. Always defiant, always a brat, constantly pushing boundaries and back-talking. It was as if she had a death wish, perpetually courting trouble and injury.

Closing the infirmary door behind him with a heavy huff, Ghost's annoyance was palpable.

The quiet sound of footsteps approaching made him look up, spotting Soap leaning against the wall, arms crossed. He wore his usual neutral expression, though there was a glint of knowing in his eyes. Ghost could tell Soap had been waiting, already guessing how things had gone inside.

"Reckon that didn't go well, eh?" Soap's voice was casual, but there was an edge of exasperation. He knew Ghost's limits when it came to dealing with Y/N.

"She's givin' the medic hell," Ghost grumbled, starting down the corridor. Soap fell in step beside him, his footsteps matching the steady rhythm of Ghost's, like they'd done it a thousand times before.

"When is she not givin' someone hell?" Soap let out a soft chuckle, shaking his head. Despite his frustration, Soap had always been the more patient one when it came to the younger recruits. But even he was starting to lose his cool with Y/N.

Ghost clenched his jaw, the muscles in his face tightening as he recalled the encounter from moments ago. She'd been stubborn as always, arguing about her injuries, refusing to rest. "She doesn't know when to quit," Ghost muttered, his tone harsher than intended, though it accurately reflected the anger simmering beneath his calm exterior.

Soap shot him a sideways glance, sensing the barely contained frustration. "She's tough, but she's gotta learn to pick her battles. We can't afford to lose her now, not with everything going to shit."

Ghost's gaze darkened, his mind running over the many ways Y/N's behavior could end up costing them more than just time. "She needs to get her head straight. That missile in Chicago isn't gonna wait while she figures it out."

The corridor stretched before them, the fluorescent lights overhead flickering slightly as they walked in silence for a moment. The sterile air of the base did nothing to ease Ghost's nerves. He could still feel the tension from his confrontation with Y/N clinging to him, an uncomfortable heat lingering from their exchange.

Soap's voice broke the silence. "You think Price will take her off the mission?"

Ghost stopped abruptly, his boots making a sharp echo against the hard floor as he turned to face Soap fully. "I told Price she's a liability. Her training wasn't up to scratch, and yet we're supposed to rely on her? She's not ready for this level of ops. She's reckless."