XII | Relationships

UPDATED

You had just gotten out of the shower, sweating from the days labours. After showering you went to dinner. You planned to sit beside Bucky and Steve, because you were unsure how anyone else would feel about you sitting beside them. When you got to the dinner table, Steve was sitting on one end of the table and Bucky on the other. You could sit beside one, but you'd have to sit beside someone else as well. You took your chances, and sat beside Buck. Of all the people to sit beside you, it was Wanda. You didn't have anything agenst her, at this point you didn't hold anything agenst anyone in the room, but you had a feeling she had something agenst you. You knew she didn't trust you, most the people in the room didn't, trust was to be earned. But you knew she didn't like you, probably because you put her boyfriend in a state of sleep that she wasn't sure he'd wake up from. You wouldn't blame her for it though, if your hypothetical boyfriend got put in a similar state, you'd be pissed.

Boyfriend?

"Y/n?"

"Hmm?"

"I asked if you'd like any salad." Clint asked as he held the bowl in his hands.

"Oh- yes please. Sorry." You took the bowl from him.

What are you hiding?

"What?"

Bucky gave you an odd look.
"You ok N/n?"

"Yeah, yeah. Sorry."

Don't answer out loud.

Well how the hell do I answer then?

Just like that.

Oh. I see.

I'll ask again. What are you hiding.

I'm not hiding anything.

Then why can't I read your mind?

I'm not the one with witchcraft, you tell me.

"There's a potential mission coming up. Fury suspects something is happening in Ukraine, says he wants us to check it out." Steve tried to start conversation.

"Can we not talk about missions for one dinner?" Tony groaned.

You're never going to forget. What does that mean?

Your head snapped towards Wanda, she seemed unfazed, still eating her meal. You continued to act normal.

None of your business Maximoff.

Oh come on now, don't be shy.

I said it was none of your business.

Alright alright, jeez.

When dinner was done with, you exused yourself and cleaned up after yourself.

"Alternatively, you could place the dishes in the dishwasher." Vision offered.

"Right... sometimes I forget it's not nineteen thirty-eight anymore."