XXI | Take Me Away

"I want to move out." You said suddenly. It was a quiet, Sunday afternoon, and you were sitting on the couch with Bucky, reading a book while he was polishing his boots. "It's depressing in here, nothing's like it once was, and I miss my old apartment."

There wasn't much hesitation to Buckys response, "What if the team needs us?"

You put down your book and sighed. "James. It's a Sunday afternoon, everyone is gone exept for us, and the majority of them are on a mission or at thier own homes. We aren't needed here."

He didn't lift his eyes from his boots. "Talk to Raynor. You'll have to convince her."

"I already have."

Now he lifted his eyes in a playful glare. "Without asking if I wanted to move out or not?"

"I was going to do it with or without you." You picked up your book again, and gave him a little smirk.

"Cheeky." He mumbled, continuing to polish his boots. The room stayed silent for a moment as James thought. You glanced at him, pretending to read as you awaited his answer. Without a word, he put down his boot and got up, walking to the basement.
You stayed seated, curious as to what he was doing but not wanting to come off as noisey. It took him about five minutes before he came back upstairs with some boxes.

"What are you doing?" You peered from over your book.

"You want to move?"

"... yes..."

"You hesitated."

"Yes, James. I want to move out."

"Then I'm packing."

A big smile drew across your face.
"Really?"

"No, these are for our imaginary cat." He gave you a snarky smirk, before walking off to his room to pack.

"I haven't found an apartment yet James!" You haulered after him.

"You better find one then!" He haulers back. You smiled, collecting your items from the living room and helping James pack.

●●●

"You're what?"

"We talked to Raynor, she gave the green light. Steve, we're adults, we can make these decisions."

"I know it's just... things are moving awfully fast between you two..."

He had a fair point. You had only been dating for three months.

"We've been flirting for much longer than dating." Bucky raised his eyebrows and shrugged his shoulders.

"Maybe I'm just being too old fashioned..." Steve sighed, rubbing the sweat off his face. "It's not like your marrying him yet, you don't need my permission."

"I just wanted to let you know."

"Thank you... we can still call you if we need you, right?"

"Of course Steve... and we're looking at a two bedroom apartment, that leaves plenty of room for you to come visit." Bucky gave him a touch of reinsurance.

Steve gave him a hug. "If things go to shit you'll always have a place here." He chuckled.

James laughed back, "thanks Steve." He rolled his eyes, patting his best friends back.