XXII | A Place Called Home

Steve placed the final box into your new apartment. "That's the last one." He wiped his sweaty hands on his pants before resting them on his hips. The apartment was just what you were looking for; monogamy hardwood floors, big open living room that could be seen from the kitchen and dining room. Down the hall was two bedrooms, a master with an en suit and a guest bedroom. At the end of the hall there was a full sized bathroom and beside it was a storage closet. It was perfect for just the two of you, with the expected space for Steve to visit.

"Thank you for the help Steven." You thanked him with a big smile, already getting to unpacking.

"Anytime Y/n. Anything for my best friend and his lover." He nudged James teasingly.

"Oh Jesus." James rolled his eyes, starting to unpack the living room.

"Well, I'll leave you two to it. Have fun." He chuckled, wiggling his eyebrows at James.

"Drive safe pal." Bucky gave him a hug goodbye and sent him on his way.

You were in the master bedroom, unpacking boxes and putting things in thier place. Starting with the closet, you put all your clothes on the right side and James' on the left. You had the radio playing, to keep your ears occupied with something other than the sound of boxes, and coat hangers moving on the rack. As you put up the last of Bucky's shirts on the rack you felt a pair of hands wrap around you.

"Hi there." You smiled.

"Hi." He smiled back, his chin resting on your shoulder.

"Whatcha doing?"

"Nothin important."

"Is unpacking not a priority for you?" You chuckled, trying to continue what you were doing without moving too much. Not like you had much of a choice, Bucky's grip was firm.

"No, but you are." He smiled mischievously up to you.

"Is that so?"

"I'd say it's so." He said with sas.

You laughed, "You're something else James. You know?"

"I've been told."

You pushed his arms off your waist and kept putting clothes away. "Well you're pretty crazy if you think I'm doing anything with your issue until we're done unpacking."

He groaned, "but that's boring."

"The less you complain the quicker it gets done."

He mumbled something, probably just another complaint. You just chuckled to yourself as he dragged himself away, busing himself with more unpacking.

After finishing the closet you moved onto the rest of the room, which didn't take too long considering you had already set up all the beds after Steve and James had brought them in. After finishing your room and the en suit, you moved to the guest room, then you helped James with the kitchen, and redid most of the living room because James didn't do most it right, he stood back. At least he tried the best he could. By the time everything was done, you had to take a shower. James joined you halfway through, too sweaty and gross feeling to wait for you to be done.

"We have another shower, you know?" You asked as he got in with you.

"I know, but this one is already running." He sighed, out of breath.

You laughed, shaking your head at the tierd boy infront of you. "You're pretty."

"You are too." He smiled a bright smile.

"No, you're just pretty. I'm going to use it as an insult to your intelligence now."

"Hey!"

You smirked. "You're pretty."