sparks ❣️| carl grimes x reader fanfic

this takes place after "the war" also carl is alive and well bc i said so and nothing else's ever happened to him?? 🤣🤣

"Y/n?" Carl muttered in a low voice to me. I awoke with Carl rubbing my knee and leaning over. I look around to see trees flying by me in the van. We're on the way to hilltop after we found one of their men on the side of the road.  (GUYS THIS IS NOT BIBLICALLY ACCURATE IM SORRY) I look at Carl half awake. He's looking at me closely, studying my features.

"Why did you wake me up Carl?" I mumble softly. "We're almost here and I want to talk to you before everyone at hilltop bombards us with how we're doing." Carl whispers beaming at me.

"Little ol' me?" I mutter yawning and turning towards Carl. "Yeah I feel like we never hang out anymore y/n" Carl says smiling at me. His blue eyes and looked at me warmly. He always looked so genuine. I grin at his comment still slumped on the side of the car.

"Well you excited for the fair?" I ask yawning and stretching.

"Yes! I hear there's going to be a movie playing" carl says excitedly.

"no shit? i've missed movies so much" I said getting up from my slumped position.

"Oh um y/n, you..." carl taps on the edge of his mouth. I cock my head to the side in confusion. Was he asking for a kiss? I debated in my head before just thinking to myself fuck it. I leaned in a little to give him a peck on the cheek before Carl

"Here lemme just.." carl leaned into me and lifted the collar of my shirt to wipe off dried drool on my lip.  "You were sleeping so well you were droolin" carl giggled to himself. I felt my face getting hotter by the second. oh my god oh my god oh my god how stupid am I.

"erm thanks, that was embarrassing" I fake laughed through my teeth, pulling my lips into a smile out of utter embarrassment.

"well you need your sleep, you've been working real hard lately, you've been a big help." Carl says genuinely

"Thanks carl, it's nice to know someone notices " I smile squinting a bit. The sun was peaking through the window behind carl.

"Oh here" carl leans in front of the light. my eyes relax and look deeply into his blue eye. in the back of that van i felt like we were the only two people in the world.

"you're eyes are really pretty y/n. especially in the light" carl says staring right back at me. "Really? I've always thought they were kinda plain if I'm being honest."

"No I swear they're like, the prettiest eyes i've ever seen" carl says still leaning to the side propping his arm up against the row in front of us. "shitt, you lie grimes," i say playfully pushing him laughing, "you're just saying that"

"Y/n L/n I never lie and I would not lie about a thing like that" Carl says dramatically, raising his hand in a pledge like way.

"okay okay at ease soldier I believe you!" I say poking at his sides, making him laugh.

"we're almost here guys" Michonne yells from the driver seat.

"you know you're real cute grimes." I say smirking as I start to step out of the car.

"oh yeah?" carl says following me out of the car

"yes, definitely carl." i say sarcastically leaving on the side of the car

carl walks over to me after shutting the car door.
he's towering over me with a smirk. his cheeks and ears are red. he brings up his hand and tucks a stray hair behind my ear.

our eyes are locked, staring into each others souls. i tap my lips ever so slightly without breaking our gaze. Carl leans into me and i close my eyes.

His soft supple lips meet mine, his hands falling to my face. i turn into the kiss and grab carls flannel giggling him closer. my old boots crunch against the gravel as i hold carl close.

he then pulls away and looks into my eyes still leaning against the car. the moment is cut off by daryl asking for carls help.

carl looks back and yells "I'll be there in a minute"

"I hope i see you soon y/n" carl says grabbing my hand

Before I can get ny words out Daryl yells, "hey! y'all quit kissin and get over here"

"you getter go carl," I say as I starting to chuckle. Carl pecks me on the cheek before walking away and waving

"hey, i hope i see you around too grimes!" I yell as soon as he walks up to daryl. i can see his face get flushed as he makes a face at me from the distance.

EEP i hoped y'all liked that it's okay ig sorry i haven't been posting tho y'all need to give me ideasss 😩😩😩 anyway bye ilysm 😋💗💗