How to Be Gay

- Baby, are you really gonna stay mad at me right now? I ask as he sits down violently on the couch.

Basically, in the car, I realized I was a bit too harsh with Whizzer, so I apologized. But now, Whizzer is giving me the silent treatment. He's really angry.

- Oh come on... I say sitting down next to him.

He lets out a grumble and turns away from me, crossing his arms. I try to think what I could do to get him to talk to me. I put my hand on his shoulder.

- Baby, please tell me what's wrong.

He turns around and glared at me.

- What's wrong, Marvin, He starts imitating the thing I was saying earlier.

I roll my eyes and he glares at me even angrier.

- This had better come to a fucking stop, Marvin. This relationship has been a lousy and horrible failure. He says.

- If you could just listen to me-

Whizzer cuts me off.

- NO. Why is it always us who has to change and never you?? Why won't you understand that I'm not your fucking housewife. It's not always OUR fucking fault!!! He yells, tears forming in his eyes.

I stare at him, face red with anger.

- Fine. Then I'll rid you of me. I say, getting up and walking toward the door. 

I can hear him sigh loudly as I put my hand on the doorknob.

- Marvin...don't be dramatic...

- You know what, Whizzer?! I yell.

- What, asshole? He asks, angrily.

- I think this had better come to a stop.

- What does? He asks.

- YOU COMING HOME LATE AND FUCKING OTHER GUYS!! YOU NOT KNOWING HOW TO LOVE ME-

He cuts me off.

- YOU'RE GONNA TALK ABOUT ME NOT BEING ABLE TO LOVE??? YOU DO'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO BE GAY LET ALONG LOVE ME. YOU SPEAK OF AND TRY TO RECREATE HETEROSEXUAL GENDER ROLES. BUT GUESS WHAT? I'M A FUCKING MAN. JUST LIKE YOU. I AM NOT A WOMAN AND I WILL NOT STAND BEING TREATED LIKE ONE.

I stand there. Speechless. He breaks into tears and sits back down on the couch. I sit next to him and start stroking his back. He's right. I have no idea how to be gay. It's hard for me. Luckily, I have him to help me.

A/N: I'm sorry I didn't use a lyric to a song for the title because I really love this title haha