Chapter 5 - Ballad of the Coyote

Omori journied up to the couch on the hill. The vantage point was necessary to find Captain Spaceboy. Killing the useless residents of Otherworld was getting old. Spaceboy could provide a challenge that hopefully would not be as difficult as Venus.

A short period of time passed as Omori looked over the area. He saw a head of pink hair. Omori smirked as he saw it and navigated quickly to that location.

Omori leapt out of the shadows, and the pink haired man turned around. Not Captain Spaceboy, but Captain Pinkbeard. Omori sneered. Not who he expected, but still a good piece of prey.

He formed a sword. This time, he learned his lesson and held it with both hands.

"Pathetic weapon, boy. Here is a real weapon." Captain Pinkbeard claimed, and he pulled out a laser pistol. Immediately, he shot at Omori, making Omori run around, running on the walls for some moments as he was making his way around the storage units, dodging shots from his laser pistol He ran up and stabbed at Captain Pinkbeard, slicing into his cape.

Pinkbeard laughed, "You missed, boy." Pinkbeard then shot Omori directly in the face. Omori winced as his face became covered in ash.

"Fuck you." Omori blindly slashed with his eyes still closed in pain.

"G-Gah! You're a skilled fighter, aren't you, boy?" Captain Pinkbeard acknowledged as he leapt backwards.

Omori squeezed his eyes shut, trying to keep ash out, but slashed and stabbed at the air as he hopped forward.

After some misses by Omori, Pinkbeard shot him again. Omori wiped the ash off of his face and opened his eyes.

There, he saw Pinkbeard aiming right at him. Omori began to run along the walls again, trying to dodge again, succeeding except for a single shot to the leg, making Omori stumble for a moment before continuing his running.

Pinkbeard scrambled to get away as Omori thrust his blade into the Captain's chest. The man screamed in pain.

"Y-You got me, boy."

Omori twisted the blade and then let go of it. Captain Pinkbeard dropped to the floor.

Omori decided it wasn't worth continuing. He hadn't spotted Mari anywhere, but he had seen a barn in the distance. This was far more interesting to Omori than some stupid ice lake in the distance. Omori walked towards the field of cattails and kept an eye out for any other victims.

Soon enough, Omori arrived at the barn. Some sort of energy was emanating from it. Omori smiled sadistically. He heard someone inside. He cut the lock with an axe and then kept the hatchet in hand as he burst inside.

A familiar face appeared before him. Stranger.

"Oh. Hello, Omori. How Has Your Little Tantrum Been Going?" Stranger inquired.

"Why are you here. Aren't you supposed to be protecting that shithead?" Omori slung his axe over his shoulder, annoyed.

"Yes, However, You Are Currently The Only Danger To Sunny. I Am Cutting Off All Entrances To Redspace, Just To Be Safe." Stranger spoke with a tint in his voice.

"I don't want control of that worthless dumbass." Omori jeered. He readied his axe, "Now stay still while I kill you."

Stranger stared at him. "You're Wasting Your Time."

Omori angrily smashed his axe into Stranger. It passed through him without much resistance, and Stranger's body quickly reformed. His axe was stuck in the ground due to the unnecessary force Omori had used.

He could tell Stranger was laughing at him. Even if he was silent, staring at him. Stupid filth. He ought to wipe him off of the face of the planet.

"I Told You."

Omori left the barn, slamming the door behind him. He felt enraged. He thought of any way to hurt him, but he couldn't think of anything. Anything physical would just pass through that useless slime.

He balled his fists as he walked towards the ladder to leave Otherworld. How dare he. This was no tantrum. It was a cleansing. Fixing the world. Ridding it of that insipid garbage's influence.

He climbed down the ladder, mumbling about Sunny as he did. He looked across the world from the ladder. He spotted her. Mari. She was with Hero, entering the Pyrefly Forest. It was time to tie up some loose ends.

Omori began walking towards the Pyrefly Forest when he saw Neb, crouched next to an anthill with a magnifying glass. Omori sighed and formed a sledgehammer.

An easy kill is an easy kill. Omori smashed Neb's skull into the ant hill, crushing his head and getting some justice for those ants. The ants would enjoy their feast.

Omori walked onwards. Three more to go. He walked towards the Pyrefly Forest. Hero was nowhere to be seen.

"Where are they..." Omori muttered. He heard a girly scream from inside the forest. It was Hero, obviously, since Mari never feared spiders.

Omori began to make his way into the forest. He followed the minecart tracks, slaying anything in his path. There weren't many things beyond the disgusting spiders. They didn't remind Omori of Sunny. They were just gross.

After some more walking, he saw Mari's ribbon on the ground. A good sign. Omori grinned with ecstasy. It was too good to be true. They were cornered!

Omori turned the corner and looked around. Nothing. They must have gone to the other side of the forest. They tricked him. Omori turned back and got shot in the stomach with an arrow. Omori gripped his stomach and slowly pulled out the arrow. It hurt like hell, and a small chunk of some muscle came out of the site.

"They rearmed the trap." Omori croaked, before collapsing on the ground, and passing out.