Chapter 14 - Last Call for Morals

Sunny's migraine faded. He sighed with relief as he entered Basil's home.

"Hey, Sunny! I'm so happy to see you!!" Basil greeted happily. His smile was as warm and inviting as it always had been.

Sunny waved with a slight smile as he walked to the door.

"I'll be back later, Sunny! Call me if you need your eye cleaner!" Sunny's mother called.

Sunny blushed with embarrassment. "Y-Yeah, okay, mom!" He called back and rushed inside. Basil giggled.

"Jeez..." Sunny mumbled, Basil walked behind Sunny and put his arm around him.

"I'm really glad you're here, Sunny!" Basil hugged Sunny tightly.

A moment of calm passed before Basil pulled out of the hug and excitedly started to speak.

"So, I got this new flower! It's a dahlia they're really cool, and it started budding just today, and you can see some dark purple! Also, I bought a Nintendo Switch! Not a Switch Lite, but a full Switch! It's really cool, and I just bought MarioKart 8 on it, and it's super fun, and I think I'm getting good at it!" Basil rambled. Sunny smiled. Listening to Basil's passionate monologues was always fun. He led Sunny to his room and showed off the dahlia.

Sunny sat down on Basil's bed. It was super comfortable. The blankets Basil used were perfect, making it feel better than just nice. He felt like laying down and sleeping right there.

"Hey, Sunny... are you okay? Your eye is..." Basil's speech became unintelligible. Sunny was unsure what was going on, as he lost consciousness. At least it was on a comfortable bed...

【≡—≡】

Omori stared at the cyan-haired boy. He felt a rage burn up inside of him. A lust, too. He needed to taste him. He needed to feel his blood pour down his throat.

A moment passed when the boys just stared at each other. This moment quickly ended as Omori formed a knife. He slashed the air while Basil attempted escape, resulting in the projectile smashing into Basil's back, knocking him to the ground.

Quickly, Omori pounced on his victim and formed a melon baller. "You will make for a meal most delightful." Omori giggled, giddy with his gluttonous mind's indulgence.

As he did, Omori noticed a wound on this Basil's back. A stab wound. Omori decided to continue anyway. Regardless of origin, Basil was undoubtedly delectable.

"Looks like Mari and Hero aren't nearby... how lucky! Nobody will save you, Basil." Omori said, digging the melon baller into Basil's flesh.

"AAAAAAGH! STOP, STOP IT! SOMEONE HELP ME! PLEASE!" Basil cried. His sobs were unheard, as Omori successfully tore out a massive chunk of flesh from Basil's back. Omori stuck it into his mouth.

Omori licked his lips, "Sweet, yet spicy... you're perfect." Omori indulged himself. He bit a chunk of flesh out of Basil's neck. With his vagus nerve severed, Basil stopped screaming.

A wave of lust rushed over Omori as he turned Basil's head around and began to make out with him.

Basil was a bit of a dead fish, as he had passed out from pain. As punishment, Omori bit off Basil's tongue. A hint of watermelon flavour came into Omori's mouth.

"Perfect. I need more." Omori bit at Basil's face but was hit with a laser, knocking him over.

Omori got onto all fours and studied the figure who hit him. Captain Spaceboy. The heathen brought himself to Omori. His blood-soaked face twisted into a grin.

"You're an idiot for stopping me." Omori said while he shambled to his feet. Omori formed a knife and dashed at Captain Spaceboy. Spaceboy pulled a bayonet from in his cape and stabbed Omori in the face.

Omori paused, then smiled, bayonet buried in his face. Omori formed a spear as he pushed himself farther along the sword. The bayonet now pierced through the back of Omori's throat and had come through his skin. Omori kept pushing while Spaceboy began to shoot him in the face.

"B-Back! Back, you demon! Fire!" Spaceboy ordered. The previously unseen Space Pirates behind Captain Spaceboy began firing at him with their laser pistols.

Omori angrily bit through the blade in his mouth. He was done playing with his food. He created a knife and began wildly slashing towards every Space Pirate in the area. The projectiles practically tore them in half. Omori laughed at the incapacitated and dead Space Pirates, as Spaceboy's face fell afraid.

"S-Stay away! You're sick! You're insane!" Spaceboy fell over as he was backing away.

Omori walked up to Spaceboy and whispered in his ear. "I am Omori."

Soon after, screams echoed through the forest as Omori stabbed into Spaceboy over and over. He was in mania. Every time he plunged his knife into Spaceboy's flesh, his hunger for more death grew. His craving for Basil increased in intensity. His need for flesh extended.

Omori considered eating one of the space pirates, or Spaceboy himself, but decided against it. They looked like they tasted of grape. He never liked wine.

A short walk away led Omori to the playground. He looked at the mailbox. He had forgotten about him. He wondered to himself what the shopkeeper would taste like.

"Only one way to find out..." The boy muttered to himself.