Chapter 7 - Evocation

Omori hit Mari's shield at the bottom of the tunnel. As expected, a trap. Omori was curious about what was about to happen.

Suddenly, Mari's shield vanished, and Omori tumbled onto the ground, where Hero quickly tied his arms up over Omori's head. Mari simultaneously tied Omori's legs. Omori grunted and struggled for a few moments before giving up.

"Alright. You caught me. Now what?"

Mari lifted Omori. "What have you done with my little brother?" She asked.

"Killed him and fucked his body. Any other stupid questions?" Omori said sarcastically. As Mari gasped, he spat on her. His saliva had gone black at some point. He didn't remember when. It didn't matter. He'd kill them all in due time.

Hero and Mari looked at each other. "What do we do?" Hero asked.

Mari stared down Omori solemnly. "We have to kill him before he can harm anyone else."

Omori laughed aloud. "Good luck with that, princess. You won't get far with that."

Mari formed a blade and pressed it to Omori's neck. "Say that again."

"You'll do it anyway. There's no point trying to avoid the pain. I'll do this while I still can." He horked some snot into his mouth and spat it in Mari's face.

Mari made an exclamation of disgust, wiping the snot off of her face and slashing Omori's throat open.

What followed was immense pain and a lot of coughing. Feeling your head detach from your body except for the spine was an odd feeling. Omori would be screaming in pain if he had the ability, but he lost that due to his detached neck.

"He isn't dead..." Mari noted. Omori rolled his eyes, freaking Mari out as she dropped his head back onto his neck. Omori bent his arms down and pushed his head into his neck, reattaching them with skin and flesh soon enough.

"That hurt." Omori remarked. Mari ignored it, insultingly, and instead turned to Hero.

"What do we do? I really thought that'd work..." Mari said, tears in her eyes.

"It's okay, Mari. We might just not be strong enough... or maybe there's only some specific ways to kill him." Hero pondered. Omori began to laugh hysterically.

"You're idiots! Fools! I am the God of this world, I am invincible!" Omori belted out between his outbursts of uncontrolled laughter.

Mari stabbed him in the diaphragm, then snapped his neck, paralyzing him for the time being. "Let's go, Hero. I think I know a guy who can help us. Sprout Moles! Keep watch!" Mari commanded.

"Yes, Lady Mari!" A mole with an axe taped onto it said.

"Yes, O beautiful Lady Mari!" Another said, this one with a sword taped to it.

Omori would mock them for the pathetic guards that they had used on him, but he could not speak, nor face them.

A minute or so after Mari left, the guards began to talk.

"God, I am so over this. It seemed like guarding against genocidal maniac would be interesting, but when he's all tied up and stuff, it's boring as hell." One said.

The other laughed, "How about we dump him in the dungeon with Sweetheart?" Omori's neck began to heal and turn back around. He saw the pair of sprout moles approach and pick him up. His diaphragm had still not fully healed, so he could only croak a quiet "Hey!" to no avail.

The two moles carried Omori away and tossed him into a cell with a familiar face.

A pink-haired girl with bright magenta bows tying it into twintails on the sides of her head. Her arms were crossed.

"Look who has come crawling to Sweetheart for help! Ohohohoho, seeing you in such a pathetic state fills me with great jubilance!" Sweetheart laughed.

Omori rolled his eyes. "Untie me, and I'll help you escape." He said with a smug look.

Sweetheart silently untied him. "Okay, now let me out." She waited expectantly.

Omori formed a chain mace. "Consider this revenge for all that pain you've afforded me."

He began to mercilessly smash the mace into Sweetheart over and over. She cried out in pain, begging for help. Nobody came.

After Sweetheart's brain was sufficiently splattered onto the stone floor, Omori approached the bars while forming an axe. The axe struck the bars, flinging sparks onto the ground spattered with brain matter.

Finally, enough bars were broken for Omori to climb through the door. He ambled towards the staircase that led into the main castle but stopped. What would be up there other than some worthless sprout moles? He weighed his options. He could get rid of them all in one shot by commandeering the Keeper of the Castle, but that would throw him into a fight with someone far stronger than anyone he had fought as of yet.

"It's worth it." He muttered as he walked towards the Keeper's room. Omori sliced through the armed sprout mole guards as he walked. His face twisted into irritation as he knew he had to eliminate the Keeper.

"What a pain."