Chapter 16 - Don't Cry

Omori stared at the dead Mailbox. All that was left was its metal shell, as the rest of it unfortunately disappeared after dying.

"So much for tasting that. I suppose I can take what I was leaving for dessert." Omori looked over to Hero's corpse. "Before the ants get to it..."

"Damn it, damn it! Let me in, stupid grass!" An appetizer demanded as he pushed the ground around a black puddle of grass.

Omori slashed the air in the direction of his prey. The meat only had time to look up at the incoming slash before being slaughtered.

The monochrome boy walked towards the dead cattle. The fresher kills tasted best. He used his knife to carve through the flesh like butter. He took a piece of meat and stuffed it in his mouth. Then another. Then another. And another.

Omori began stuffing his face with Kel's flesh, hacking away at his stomach and entrails with his knife to ingest as much as possible. The flavour was indescribable. Impeccable.

The sound of Mari, Basil, and Sunny returning from Blackspace came from behind Omori, as he had a mouthful of intestines. More meat.

Omori stood up, wiped his bloody hands on his shorts, and looked at the group. They stared back in horror.

Mari looked different. She would die all the same. He lunged at the group, and Mari formed a sword, clashing with his knife.  Omori jumped back and began to form a halberd. Mari suddenly gained wings and swooped at Omori, stabbing his chest mid-creation.

"Th-That's not fair!" Omori stuttered with anger. Omori began wildly slashing at Sunny and Basil, making Mari fly away to defend against it with a shield.

Omori quickly ran off into the deeper forest. He kept running until reaching a small pool of water. He sat before it and listened to the forest. Silence.

He breathed a sigh of relief and dipped his feet in. An unusual feeling washed over him. Not the now worn-out socks on his feet being wet, but instead dry.

"It's a portal..." Omori realized. He hopped in, ready for his next fight now that the stab wound healed.

Blocking his fall through the portal to the Neighbour's Room was the big yellow cat. "Greetings, young one. You have been busy."

"Out of my way." Omori growled, creating a halberd.

"I am not here to inconvenience you, child. I am here to assist you. To fight by your side for control of this world." The big yellow cat's mouth did not move as he spoke.

"What's the point. Without access to Redspace, we can never take the Dreamer's power." Omori said sourly.

"But there is a path. One the Dreamer just reopened by accident. We will have to take care of those little ex-friends of yours first, though." The big yellow cat stared at Omori with a goofy looking grin.

Omori smiled back. "Let's go, then."

The big yellow cat obliged and began to lower himself and Omori, both landing in the Neighbour's room.

The snake slithered up to Omori. "I offer myssssssself as sssssssacrificcccccccce." It hissed as it climbed up Omori's leg and melded into his flesh. A large snake-shaped lump appeared where the snake melted into his body.

After smiling at his new power, Omori turned. "Now, how do we get to Redspace... after we kill those fools, of course."

The cat was not fooled. "What reason will you have not to attempt to kill me if I tell you now? It is just a little insurance."

"Smarter than you look." Omori sighed, "Alright then, let's rid this world of those fools."

The cat grew small to float through the exit as Omori crawled through. "Have you considered washing up? Your face and hands are a mess. Even your hair has gone a dark red hue with blood." It suggested.

"Silence. I don't need a lecture from the likes of you." Omori replied with frustration. He finally escaped the stump and hopped to his feet.

The "big" yellow cat seemed to be smirking. It was hard to tell seeing how small it had become. Omori turned to start walking but stopped in his tracks. There they were.

Sunny, Mari, and Basil all stared in shock. "How did you..." Mari began.

"Unimportant. Get them." Omori interrupted. The big yellow cat grew back to his big size and swiped at the three. Mari first getting flung into the forest, but Sunny completely stopped the swipe.

Omori stood still, shocked for a moment, then dashed at Sunny, intending to stab him.

A fridge suddenly appeared in his path, which Omori tripped and fell into as he tried to stop running.

"Really? The first thing you could think of was a fridge?" Mari asked as she flew back over.

The big yellow cat quickly grabbed her out of the air with his unoccupied hand and smashed her into the ground. "Foolish girl."

Sunny dropped scissors into Basil's hands as he ran at the cat. Basil stabbed the cat in the wrist, and it dropped Mari, yowling in pain.

This sound seemed to disturb Sunny, making him run away.

"W-Wait! Sunny, where are you going!?" Basil asked in a panic before running away. Mari followed them and flew off.

The big yellow cat looked at Omori. "They are stronger than I had expected, Omori. We may need to be wary of following them."

"We won't be following them. We got somewhere to be. I have an idea. We're going to Humphrey's cave." Omori smiled with devious anticipation.

The yellow cat nodded and picked up Omori, then flew away towards the lake. Humphrey was about to have some unpleasant guests.