Chapter 1 - Hands

Omori ran out into the white void of Whitespace. The hands repeatedly teleported him back to the center of the room, where the door that once took him to the neighbour's room stood. All that worthless white door would do now was sit there with a massive crack in it, unable to open.

Omori kicked the door once, in anger, before continuing to run into the void. Over and over, the red hands would defuse his attempts to run past them. Eventually, though, he noticed he got a lot farther than before. The nearer hands had stopped pursuing him... then the mid-range ones did, too. Then, the farthest red hands stopped pursuing, and he came away from the remainder of the hands. An infinite void of nothing... and yet, there was something. The hands came together and formed a rectangle. A new door formed.

"It's been so long..." Omori croaked. His throat dry from running for so long. He opened the door and entered the neighbour's room.

"Omori's back!" Aubrey happily ran up and hugged Omori. Omori was reminded of Sunny.

"Hey, Omori, what's up? It's been a while!" Kel smiled. Omori was reminded of Sunny.

"How have you been feeling, Omori? It's great to have you back!" Hero said with reassurance. Omori was reminded of Sunny.

Omori grimaced with an angry expression. They didn't really care about him. They cared about Sunny. They just wanted to see him so they could talk to Sunny through him. Sunny was all that mattered.

An axe formed in Omori's left hand. He looked at the implement. It was blood red. He never had something like this happen before. Omori took it in stride, placing the other half of the handle into his right hand and swinging over his head onto Aubrey's neck, beheading her.

Her smile hadn't even the time to fade. Hero looked on with horror, as Kel laughed for a second, "Sucker!"

Hero ran out of the room as Omori picked up Aubrey's head and sipped some blood flooding from her neck. Thirst quenched, he rushed over to Kel and swung onto his head, smashing into his brain, destroying his skull instantly. He looked at the room, covered in blood.

The monochrome boy looked around the room. The smashed head of Kel and the beheaded corpse of Aubrey. Nothing else alive was in the room, except one of Abbi's tentacles. It wasn't worth tipping off that worthless octopus yet. He would wait. The big yellow cat wasn't watching. Omori shook his head. He had time to find the snake and the cat later. Now was the time to move on to the next set of targets. Hero was likely warning the playground, so it was time to play hide and seek.

Omori exited the stump and threw his axe into it, enraged at the reminder of Sunny. After a moment, the axe disappeared. Omori formed a knife into his hands and began to walk towards the playground. Everyone was hiding. Omori knew they hadn't run when he heard that insipid idiot whispering. "Nose goes. Nose goes."

Omori pounced behind the bush and stabbed "Nose" in the head. He then lurched his head forward and bit the head off of Happy, killing the pair with little more than a cut-off scream.

He looked up and saw Charlotte staring before she faded away, becoming invisible. Omori slashed at where she had stood but hit nothing. Omori sighed. He could deal with her later. Omori looked to the clearing and saw Michael sleeping on the ground. He rolled his eyes. An easy kill was an easy kill. He walked up and formed a spear into his hand, stabbing Michael into the ground.

"Idiot." He muttered but heard a large set of footsteps behind him. Omori turned, expecting Boss, but instead... Van and Berly.

"Hey, Omori, we saw what you did! We're here to stop you!" Berly said, pointing confidently.

"You really are an idiot, aren't you, Berly?" Omori readied his spear.

Van stood and cracked his "knuckles". "I don't wanna do this to you, Omori. Just stand down." He spoke.

"You're pathetic." Omori spat, before rushing at the pair. He stabbed Van, and he cried out in pain.

Berly jumped over Van and onto Omori's back, whipping her tail into his face and wrapping it around his arm, trying to force him to let go of the spear.

Omori struggled, and took the spear out of Van, trying to stab Berly, but Van punched Omori in the face, knocking him over, and backwards, flipping him twice, and allowing him to land on his hands and knees.

"I warned you, Omori." Van said with a solemn expression. Berly dashed to Van and hopped onto his back with a smug smile.

Omori ran at Van and jumped, using his spear to vault onto his back. "Die." He spoke as he stabbed Van in the back of the head. Berly tried to stop Omori, grabbing his arm, attempting to keep the spear from bursting into Van's skull, but it was too late. Van's eyes popped out of their sockets as the spear pierced directly through Van's head and came out the other side, shattering the skull in between.

"N-No! Van!" Berly began to cry. Omori jumped off of Van as he began to fall over. Berly just cried and fell with him.

"You're worthless, Berly. Be prepared to meet death." Omori said, forming a knife again.

"I don't care. It doesn't matter. We've stalled enough for everyone else to get away. It's worth it." Berly smirked as she cried. Omori became enraged and started wildly stabbing Berly. He couldn't believe he let them get away. He looked to the picnic basket. Even Mari had escaped. Even Basil did. Omori suddenly stopped stabbing and walked away. He had better things to do than waste his time stabbing a corpse.

"I'm going to find you, Mari. I was wishing I could kill you since the first day you caused me trouble." Omori muttered with an uncontrollable grin coming across his face as he headed towards Basil's house.