Chapter 6: Skarloey

Talyllyn was just shunting in the yards, when she heard a whistle from around the bend.

Around the corner came an engine that looked like Sir Hayden, only blue with red lining.

"Sir Handel!!" said Talyllyn, "So good to see you!!!"

"Talyllyn?" asked Sir Handel, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm visiting!! I was missing Skarloey, and wanted to see him. So, I came with Belle and her coaches."

"Well," said Sir Handel, "Welcome to the Skarloey Railway. If you'd like, you can take my passenger train to get to know the route."

"Thank you Sir Handel!" said Talyllyn, as she headed off.

Soon, she arrived at the carriage shed, and looked at all the coaches.

"Hello there!" said Talyllyn, "You must be the coaches Skarloey works with!"

"Yes we are," said the coaches, "Who are you?"

"I'm his twin sister, Talyllyn," said Talyllyn, "Come along! I'm taking you out today!"

Talyllyn then coupled up to the coaches, and pulled up to the station.

It was there, she met a large green diesel.

"Hello there," said the diesel, "Are you new here?"

"I'm visiting my brother Skarloey," said Talyllyn, "You must be Bear. I've heard much about you in the railway series books."

The two talked for a while, until Talyllyn's guard whistle blew, and she set off.

She headed down the line, looking all around. She had seen some pictures of the Skarloey Railway, but never in person. She loved how it reminded her of home a bit.

"So beautiful," she said.

Just then, a whistle was heard, and down the line came a yellow engine pulling some trucks.