SIXTEEN.

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐
chapter sixteen:
las noticias
[the news]
└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

YOU GOT OUT THE TAXI and made your way inside of a coffee shop. you wait in line, and in the meantime, you looked above for the menu.

"what did she say, i forgot." you thought, and you pulled out your phone to check your notes.

"order dianne a black coffee and an espresso for margot."

as you were next, you ordered three drinks: one for you, one for dianne, and one for margot.

dianne was one of the first people that you made friends with since landing your new job in corporate. margot, on the other hand, was your boss, whom you kept it professional.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

"morning y/n!"

"morning dianne! here's your coffee." you passed her the black coffee that she requested.

dianne took a sip of her black coffee and looks at you afterward. "sweet, you've remembered my order!"

"so what have you been up to?" you asked as you were stirring your drink.

"there's nothing much other than eric just arriving here and bringing us breakfast."

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

as you settled down at your desk, you were suddenly interrupted by dianne.

dianne takes a peek from your window, "are you busy right now y/n?"

"not really, come in." you stopped typing, and got up to open the door for dianne.

dianne smiled at you, "hey, remember that conversation we've had last thursday?"

"which one? we've had many."

"the one about relationships," dianne explained, "and you were telling me how you're dating that mexican footballer? so basically, i have this cousin from california coming over later this week, and she was telling me that she bought three tickets to see the mexico game. however, it turns out that my cousin and her boyfriend broke up, which leads to those tickets being ours! lucky us."

"and that third ticket?"

"that was meant for the ex's sister, but oh well. it's your ticket now."

"and it's in los angeles, correct?"

"cali trip? yes ma'am."

"are you sure i'm able to go?" you wanted to clarify, "i mean what if the boyfriend and the sister-"

"they left the ticket for her to decide who will replace them. secured!"

dianne flashed the two tickets that were given by her cousin. your eyes sparked as you remained looking at the tickets. for the first time, you were going to reunite with diego in the states.

you couldn't believe your luck. you would not only have the opportunity to see diego again, but you would also be able to see him play live. it was a dream come true.

"thank you so much, dianne!" you exclaimed, pulling her into a tight hug. "this means the world to me!"

dianne laughed and returned your hug with equal enthusiasm. "oh don't thank me, thank my cousin!"

you couldn't help smiling as you backed away. the thought of seeing diego again made you extremely geeked. it had been too long since you had seen him, and the possibility of being reunited with him seemed almost too good to be true.

"so, when is the game?" you asked in order to start planning ahead.

dianne examined her phone. "it's next weekend, so we'll have plenty of time to get everything sorted before then."

you nodded, reflecting on everything you needed to complete before the trip. "i can handle seven days of planning, but i cannot thank you enough, dianne. this means everything to me."

Dianne grinned and waved off your compliment. "don't mention it, y/n. i'm just happy i could make it happen for the luckiest girl in the louis vuitton headquarters."

with the tickets safely stowed away in your luggage, you returned to work, your mind racing with excitement. you couldn't wait to surprise diego by showing up to his game in los angeles.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆