Chapter 10

I sobbed into my pillow. I couldn't control my tears. Especially after last night. I was so heartbroken it was crazy. All I could think about was how Jamar betrayed me. All this time, I thought he loved me, but I guess I was wrong. It was clear that he still loved Naomi. And I definitely didn't want to get started with her. After that little stunt she pulled last night, she better not ever show up at my house ever again. I decided to check to see when I can book an appointment to see my mom. She was not going to believe this. When I unlocked my phone I saw that I had ten missed calls and twenty new messages.
"Who is this?", I thought.
I opened my recent calls and messages and the name I saw shocked me. It was Jamar. He had called me ten times last night and sent me like twenty text messages.
"Jamar?", I asked softly.
As I pulled up my messages I began to cry. He repeatedly apologized for what happened last night. But I was confused. How did he know I was there? Then it dawned on me. Naomi. She must've told him that she had bumped into me and that I was near the gatehouse.
I opened up call logs. I didn't really know if I wanted to call him. But he did have a lot of explaining to do. And to be honest I missed him. I missed him a lot.
I decided to call him.
"Hello?", he asked.
"Hey."
"Maya, I'm so glad you called.
"I'm sure you are", I replied.
He sighed.
"I know you're mad at me."
"Yeah I am."
"Naomi told me she had bumped into you so I assumed you weren't far from my gatehouse", he replied.
"Yeah so?"
There was silence.
"Maya, I kissed Naomi so she would leave me alone. She's called me over a hundred times. It was frustrating and the only way to end it was to make her think I still wanted her."
I rolled my eyes.
"Really?"
"Yeah, you know I don't want her anymore. I can't stand the things she do. I'm not happy with her", he replied.
"Jamar I-"
"Please Maya, hear me out. That diamond she brought meant nothing. Just another piece of junk added to my collection. The girl is obsessed with me and I can't take it anymore", he said.
"I don't know Jamar."
"You know you're the only girl that has my heart. The only girl I want to have sex with. And the only girl I want laying next to me", he replied.
I'm not going to lie that kinda made me happy to hear. Even though I was still a little mad at me, I still loved him.
"Really?"
"Yeah, the other night there were so many things I wanted to do to you."
"Oh?"
"Yeah, I've had my mind on you for the past few days. And I'm not going to lie, I'm kinda feeling you right now", he replied.
"I'm feeling you too", I admitted.
He lowered his voice.
"How about we meet up tonight?"
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, I have something for you", he replied.
I melted.
"Ok, sure."
"Alright."
After we got off the phone. I went into my bathroom and screeched. I was so excited. Maybe Jamar did still love me. Maybe he really was over Naomi. Thinking about this made me realize that I still had unfinished business with her. If she thought that she was going to disrespect me and get away with it, she had another thing coming. And I'm not bluffing.
I brushed my hair and got ready. Tonight was Jamar's chance to prove that he really loved me and I was more than willing to allow him to. After all, he still has my heart. I wanted nothing more than for us to be together and not have to worry about anyone coming between us. And despite hating Naomi, I had to give it to her. She had me for a second. Pulling off her big time robbery and smothering Jamar. She had what it takes. But like I said before I had the heart and determination that she will never have to even keep a man. And that was a fact. After six long years, I've learned a few things. And I found out who I really was. And it wasn't Naomi's little puppet. It was a black queen with a bright future and big goals ahead of her. And that starts with tonight, when I meet Jamar and we get it on. This time, I'll make sure he doesn't leave. And I'll make sure Naomi doesn't have a chance to take him away from me because things will get ugly. And that's not a threat, that's a promise.