family

He watched Diana and the boys when they went jet skiing together and make smiling a video of them. He didn't regret for a second that he had sent his so-called friends home but on the contrary they had hurt his family and he had even gone along with it without realizing it.

He couldn't even remember the last time he had some private free time with his own little family and his wife was absolutly right. He appreciated every free minute he could spend privately with them and everyone gets along as well without anyone crying or even feeling bad and he enjoyed this feeling, which he began to wish for more often.

Charles smiled when he saw Diana waving him over to them and walked slowly to the stairs that led to the water.

"Ride with us." Diana asked him with an pleading look.

He pondered slightly uncertainly while diana stretched out her delicate hand to him and gave him a hopeful look which she knew very well that he couldn't say no to the look and he sat behind her on the jet ski with a determined sigh and she starts beaming and he put his hands tenderly over hers and giving her a naughty kiss on her shoulder, which made her giggle softly.

At the moment they were closer than they had been in a long time.

Charles looked thoughtfully at the cufflinks which two c's on them. Making a decision that he would finally get rid of them for Diana today, he removed these buttons in front of her.

"Stay." he ordered in a soft whisper in her ear.

"what you up to?" came the uncomprehending question from Diana, who stopped the jet and Charles placed the cufflinks carefully in her hands and formed her hands softly together in a fist.

"Throw them together, into water with you." Diana found that she had to start crying even if she didn't want to but her vision was already blurred. He was about to change, but she knew he was having a hard time dealing with her emotions. she was lucky that he finally wanted to get rid of these buttons from this woman what touched her the most, was that he wanted them to do it together. But she also didn't want him to do something and he regret it later.

Diana knew how much the cufflinks meant to him and she definitely doesn't want him to get mad at her later for not stopping him from the idea.

"You must not..." she began hesitantly. She didn't want any arguments with him again and wanted to do everything to prevent it.

"I want it , I've been thinking for a long time.I don't want them anymore. I just want to have focus on you and the boys in the future, no more outstanding people. Just our family. And I want you to consider getting rid of the knobs as a fresh start between us."

Diana nodded in agreement, mutely and in awe. She believed that getting rid of the cufflinks would move their marriage forward without a constant temptation from Charles to think about Camilla.

"together...?" she murmured quietly in awe and felt how Charles kissed her hand lovingly and they counted down from three together and throw it into the sea together while he carefully put his arms around her waist after it and gave her a soft kiss and she gently rubbed his cheek when she noticed that he had tears running down his cheek and squeezed his hand encouragingly and praisingly and took him back to the yacht while she hugged him tightly as they were both below deck again and tears were still running down his cheeks and she started stroking his hair soothingly and muttered praise to him softly, since she hadn't really believed that he would pull it off and both flinch as the boys stood next to them.

"Why do you cry?" Harry asked his father with confusing also William looked worried at his parents.

"your father made a big step forward today." Diana explained to her sons reassuringly.

"which one?" ask william curiously.

Meanwhile they pulled the boys into the embrace.

"One that will bring us closer as a family." Diana promised the boys with a family hug. "promised...?" Harry asked shyly in the embrace, while charles kissed his son gently on the forehead.

"promised." Charles promised him softly.