Emotions

"Can we talk?"

I sat up and locked eyes with Jess. I was confused as to why she was here, and why she wasn't beating me up, I assumed she would since I hurt her best friend.

"Yeah?" I asked confused. My eyes followed her as walked closer to me. I tried to act normal on the outside, when really I was freaking out on the inside, mentally preparing myself for her to beat me up.

"What happened between you guys?" She said after she sat down next to me.

"What do you mean?" Our eyes met once again, the panic on the inside seemed to worsen.

"After we left we went to her house and she told me that you had feelings for her-"

"She told you?" I accidentally cut her off, my words quickly leaving my mouth. She looked at me with attitude and I just mouthed 'sorry', shifting my eyes towards the ground in front of me.

"Anyways, she ended up going off on me saying it was my fault for taking her to that party. She was trying to blame me for you two catching feelings towards each other," My head snapped towards her, her eyes were wide.

"She has feelings towards me?" I was surprised, trying to not sound overly excited. She didn't say anything but instead just stared at me. I felt a smile appear on my face, disappearing shortly after. My eyes shifted back towards the ground in front of me.

"It doesn't even matter anymore. She's pissed at the both of us," I did my best to hold back the tears forming in my eyes.

"Wait, why is she pissed at you?" I could feel her staring at me.

"I just assumed she would be, or at least wanted nothing to do with me by the way she just stormed out. I took a nap after you guys left and when I woke up she still hadn't texted me so," I felt a tear slip out and rush down my cheek.

I was never the type to cry. I was just going through a lot of emotions right now. I was happy knowing she had feelings towards me too, frustrated at myself, not only for telling her how I felt, but also for not trying to reach out for her. It hurt knowing she felt the same, but chose to storm out instead.

So many possibilities as to why she ran out entered my mind. The main one was maybe someone hurt her so bad, that running away was her way of coping. I wanted to ask Jess about it, but at the same time I felt as if it wasn't my place to ask.

"What's going on in your mind?" Jess got closer putting her arm around me in a comforting manner.

"Just curious on why she walked out like that." I rested my head on her shoulder, my eyes never leaving the ground.

"She's always hated confrontation and having to deal with emotions. It's frustrating, but I've learned to get used to it. She once told me that if she could, she'd live alone for the rest of her life. Just her by herself, even if it meant she no longer had any friends," The tone in her voice became sad.

"Wow," I said under my breath. It hurt thinking about her being by herself forever. Even if she tried to push me out of her life, I would do everything I could to stop that from happening. I knew she wouldn't be able to push Jess away since they were best friends. It gave me some sort of comfort knowing that, because I'd be able to know if she was okay or not, which is all I wanted.

I just wanted to make sure Aliyah was okay. I wanted her to feel happy, loved, cared for, everything that she deserved. I didn't want her to continue feeling the way she does right now. I wanted her to feel comfortable in her own body, not caring what other people think about her.