Ch.9 Ruler's Throne

~Y/n pov~

"Wait! Can you hear me?" Sangah yelled, "I know of your heroic tales. I understand that you want to respect the course of history but some events never end even after they've been recorded. Don't you have regrets?"

[Constellation, The Great King Heungmu, is listening to the incarnation, Yu Sangah]

"Have you already forgotten the sacrifices of the many young Hwarang and the people of Silla? History can't be changed, I know that.. But if you were to help us now, you can still make a difference for those who are still here!"

[Constellation, The Great King Heungmu, accepts your request]

A flash of light struck Dokja, stunning him temporarily.

The look in his eyes changed.

"Long time no see, Gyebaek." Heungmu spoke using Dokja's voice.

"General?!"

[Constellation, The Last Hero of Hwangsanbeol, has possessed his incarnation]

"It is so that we can meet again!"

"I will honour the souls that have fallen in battle and set right the course of history." Dokja removed his sword from its sheath and held it in front of his body.

[The power of the Constellation artefact, Blue Dragon Sword, has entered Unbreakable Trust]

He moved rapidly and pierced the ground with his blade, "I call upon the men of the Yonghwayangdo."

[The stigma, Calling all the Hwarang, has been activated]

The battle began again.

An army of skeletons materialised, all wearing traditional clothing and wielding swords.

"What?!"

Joonghyuk was stunned by the events playing out in front of him, his wide eyes giving away his emotions as the rest of his face remained quite stoic.

The leader, who was possessed by his Constellation, was beheaded which ended the battle.

['Dramatisation' has come to an end]

[You have experienced the Battle of Hwangsanbeol]

[You have received 1,000 coins as a reward]

"Let's head north and collect some flags." Dokja stated casually as if a historic battle didn't just happen right in front of us.

~*~

Making our way back to the main arena, it was pretty empty.

The streets were completely deserted and there were bodies and weapons littered on the floor.

Some flags were abandoned.

This made things easier as we could just pick up the flags instead of fighting.

Dokja decided to enter the building with only Sangah and Gilyoung.

Just like in the webtoon, only this time Joonghyuk isn't a King.

Will that have a big impact on the story? He still seems to be widely known and feared by others regardless of his titles or lack of titles.

Dokja grabbed my hands, startling me.

"Stay safe Y/n and wait for me." Dokja smiled softly at me, one of his hands moving to brush hair away from my face as he stared at me with fondness.

He glanced at Joonghyuk and they both nodded at each other, as if they had some sort of silent agreement.