Ch.15 Salvation Church

~Y/n pov~

I groaned as the light hit my face, making me scrunch my eyes as I rolled over to escape the blinding sun.

When I turned, my head hit something that was next to me.

Reluctantly, I peeled my eyes open to see Joonghyuk sleeping peacefully beside me, one of his arms slung around my waist and holding me close.

I turned onto my back and jumped in surprise when I saw Dokja on the other side of me, wide awake. He was just staring at me.

"You've only been asleep a few hours." Dokja mentioned as he sat up almost robotically, "There's something I need to make."

As if sensing it was time to get up, Joonghyuk shifted in his sleep and slowly opened his eyes.

His grip on me tightened momentarily as he sat up, bringing me with him.

We left the room and went into a bigger room where others were drinking and celebrating.

A few had opted to sleep in various rooms but others were getting wasted.

Huiwon and Jihye were quick to see me as they made their way over and dragged me away from Dokja and Joonghyuk, not even sparing them a glance.

I glanced back to see their annoyed expressions as Joonghyuk glared at the two girls.

"Drink this." Huiwon smiled and handed me a drink, chatting happily and including me in the conversation they were having.

I smiled and lost myself in the conversation, finally feeling like I was somewhere I belonged despite the horrible circumstances.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Dokja creating something.

It was probably some kind of secret item.

My phone suddenly vibrated, surprising me.

I had forgotten completely about it to be perfectly honest since it no longer had a use and was just shoved deeply into a random pocket.

Distancing myself from the conversation, I curiously pulled my phone out of my pocket to check the notification.

An email?

Intrigued, I opened the email and was stunned by what I saw.

A file labelled 'Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint Novel'.

I clicked it to find all the chapters there. Completely unchanged just the original novel.

This could come in handy but I don't know if I'd have the knowledge or power to change things to get the ending I want like Dokja does.

But maybe by at least reading this I can gain more understanding and help people.

It'll also help me understand more.

Unfortunately, the chance to read it didn't come and I barely read a few chapters for the next story arc before it actually began.

~*~

As soon as we arrived back in Seoul, we were separated.

An attack came hurtling down towards us, which we dodged as the attackers came out of their hiding spots.

"Attack the King of No Killing! He can't kill anyone anyway since there's a penalty if he does."

They all came charging towards us confidently, completely ignoring Joonghyuk and I and heading straight for Dokja.

It only took a few moments before we were surrounded.

Joonghyuk glared at the people surrounding us as if they were pesky flies bothering him on a hot summer's day.