Ch.17 Meeting the Constellations

~ Y/n pov ~

Joonghyuk and I were invited to the Constellation banquet.

In the time that Dokja was away I had finally opened the file and read ahead.

Although I know Dokja is alive, it's difficult to see him die over and over again.

One day he'll die for real but we'll have the false hope that he'll be back in a few days.

The first few days, I had isolated myself from everyone else.

Joonghyuk stayed with me the whole time.

Then, I put on a mask and pretended I was alright in front of everyone else.

Gilyoung and Yoosung seemed to struggle with it the most so I buried my feelings in the hope that I would be able to comfort them. They had clung to me for a while, more than usual.

And now I am heading to the Constellation Banquet.

I don't know how to act towards Dokja. Everyone was crying at his funeral and believed him to be dead.

It was difficult for everyone.

Joonghyuk smiled slightly and readjusted his grip on my hand, squeezing it in reassurance as we entered the waiting room.

There were a lot of incarnations, most of them grouped with others from their domes but some interacting with other domes.

_______________________________________

< Hidden Scenario - Constellation Banquet >

Type : Hidden
Difficulty : ?
Clear conditions : attend the banquet
Time Limit : 24 hours
Reward : 50,000 coins, some of the Constellations' favour or resentment
Penalty for failure : -

____________________________________

As I expected, Dokja was sitting on a bench by himself.

I didn't have the chance to read too far ahead but I already knew the journey from here on out was going to be a lot more difficult.

From Demons to the war between Demons and Angels.

I wasn't sure if I'd even survive.

I didn't even have a clear view of the future, maybe it's for the better I don't know everything.

Parts of the story appeared to be missing so I could only get a vague idea of events going to happen in the future and less about who will do what.

Joonghyuk glared at Dokja as he gently tugged my hand and pulled me over the seat, sitting next to Dokja so I wouldn't have to.

Dokja looked at us in surprise but neither of us bothered to say anything.

We barely glanced at him.

The supposedly dead man frowned as I refused to make eye contact with him. He should be expecting this but I know he prioritises this story and everyone surviving until the end.

A few people from other domes came over to talk to Dokja.

Joonghyuk only acknowledged them when he heard the name Anna Croft - she had betrayed him in a previous round.

A grey dokkaebi threw open the doors, "Excuse me, Incarnations. The 'Fable succession' will be starting soon, so please get ready to move."

We walked onto the first floor of the banquet hall.

Looking up the higher the floor the more powerful the constellation. This depended on the grade of their stories.

The Constellations on the first floor all looked like objects.