The Bounty

On Xandar,Capital of the Nova Empire,Rocket,Groot,Ruby and Amber were spying on Xandarians in the city.
"Xandarians. What a bunch of losers.All of them in a big hurry to get from something stupid, to nothing at all. Pathetic."Rocket remarked. He saw a xandarian with short blonde hair walking by the sidewalk. He continued to say,"Look at this guy!Can you believe they call us criminals,when he's assaulting us with that haircut?" Ruby was not really listening to whatever he said and looks for a new bounty. Thankfully she has help from Amber.
Rocket then spotted a small xandarian child getting some help whilst walking. "What is this thing? Look how it thinks its so cool. Its not cool to get help! Walk by yourself,you little gargoyle."
"Rocket,its a child,cut it some slack."Ruby replied in exasperation.
"I don't care."came Rocket's reply.
Then,he continued as he looked on at an older xandarian man chatting up a pretty lady,which Ruby found a little weird. Rocket remarked yet again for the third time,"Look at Mr smiles over here. Where's your wife, old man? What a class-A pervert."he laughed."Right,Groot? Groot?" Rocket asked,only to find Groot drinking fountain water. Ruby palm faced while Amber was holding back a laugh. "Don't drink fountain water,you idiot. That's disgusting!"Rocket said to Groot.
"Mmm."Groot shakes his head,pretending he didn't drink it.
"Yes,you did. I just saw you do it. Why are you lying?" Rocket's tablet starts beeping,warning him of a human sighting. "Whoop. Looks like we got one. Okay,humie,how bad does someone wanna find you? His tablet shows Peter talking to Bereet,seeing that there's a bounty on Peter. "Forty thousand units!? Groot,we're gonna be rich!" Rocket exclaimed. Rocket turns to Groot abd finds him drinking fountain water again,shaked his head and sighed. Ruby,however,was concerned. That was the same bounty offer she saw the previous day. She didn't want Peter to get caught,but she couldn't tell Rocket that she didn't want to collect that bounty. Instead,she is eyeing something he has in his hand.
"The orb!"she thought. Ruby knew what was in that thing,abd in the wrong hands,the world is doomed. Being her usual selfless self,she turned to follow Peter. Rocket noticed and asked,"Tink,where are you going?" "The bathroom."Ruby replied, making up an excuse as she followed Peter and spied the building. Peter enters that building and greets The Broker.
"Mr Quill."
"Broker. The Orb."
"Where's Yondu?"
"Wanted to be here,sends his love.And told me to tell you,that you got the best eyebrows in the business." Then he notices The Broker picking up the orb and asks,"What is it?"
"It's my policy to never discuss my clients,or their needs."
"Yeah,well,i almost died getting it for you.
"An occupational hazard.I'm sure,in your line of work."
"Some machine-headed freak,working for a dude named Ronan."The Broker suddenly looks afraid.
"Ronan?I'm sorry, Mr Quill. I truly am. But i want no part of this transaction if Ronan is involved. "He gives the orb back to Peter and starts pushing him towards his shop door.
"Woh! Woh,woh,woh! Who's Ronan?"
"A kree fanatic,outraged by the peace treaty,who will not rest until Xandar culture,my culture,is wiped from existence!" The Broker starts pushing Peter again. Ruby was watching the scene from above,knowing she had to do something to get the orb later.
"What? What about my bad side?"The Broker opens his shop door and pushes Peter out.
"Farewell,Mr Quill."He closed the door in Peter's face.
"Hey,we had a deal,bro!" Peter yelled
through The Broker's closed door.
As he stepped back,he noticed Gamora watching him. She asked,"What happened?"
"Uh...this guy just backed out of a deal on me.  If there's one thing I hate,its a man without integrity.Peter Quill. People call me Star-Lord."
Ruby rolled her eyes at their conversation. But she waited. She may be a bounty hunter as well as an asssasin for hire and a thief,but she knows better than to attack Quill when he's conversing with Gamora,the deadliest woman in the galaxy.
Gamora replied to Quill,"You have the bearings of a man of honor."
Peter playfully threw the orb up and down in his hand. Ruby winced. Sure, talking to thd deadliest woman in the galaxy was one thing,but playfully showing her exactly what she's looking for? Big mistake.
Quill continued talking,"Well,you know,I wouldn't say that. People say it about me,all the time,but its not something I would ever say about myself."
Suddenly,Gamora grabs the orb,kicks Peter in the stomach and runs off. Peter throws something like a magnetic rope which catches around her legs and trips her up. She eventually holds up her knife to stab Peter. She said,"This wasn't the plan." Rocket jumps on her and knocks her down,as he tells Groot to put Peter in the bag,but instead puts Gamora in the bag.  Rocket yelled,"No! Not her, him! Learn genders,man."
Ruby rolled her eyes at this predicament and jumpa from the spot she was in,tackling Peter abd asked him,"Give me the orb,Peter. You don't know what you are doing."
However,Peter threw her off of him and she landed nicely thanks to her training in the past. Eventually,after they fought for a while, the Nova corps came and said,"Subject 89P13,drop your weapon."
"Oh crap." Rocket muttered. Ruby sighed. This was not how she thought today would go.