Chapter 2

Wallachia, 1455

"I'm buzzed for this." Lucille said excitedly, her parents smiled.

The screen showed a wasteland filled with skeletons on stakes. 

A swarm of bats appeared to be flying over the graveyard of skeletons. As the bats swarm around, one bat got impaled by a dagger being wielded by a blonde woman. She was wearing a simple dress with a cloak draping behind her and carrying two bags. She stood at the huge front door of a creepy castle gasping in awe of such a structure.

"Mother, that's you!" Adrian exclaimed. 

"Yes it is darling." Lisa smiled and looked at her husband, she remembered the day.

The castle had a gear and some kind of energy system activated.

"Is that magic?" Leah asked in shock.

"It's not magic hun, it's science." Lisa explained softly to the young speaker. 

She knocked on the door. The door didn't open immediately so she quickly looked around for some device to open the door until it opened itself, which surprised her. 

The woman entered the castle and walked through the main hall which was lit by candles hanging on the hall pillars on both sides. She had her dagger clenched in her right hand and looked around for any person or seemingly knowing that she was in danger. 

"Mother?" Adrian called.

"Yes darling?" 

"Not that I'm not glad you met father but why did you risk such a dangerous journey to get to the castle?"

"Because," Lisa explained, "I had to know the way of science to help people. Look how far I've come now." 

"That's very ambitious. I admit I'd have done so as well." Maria commented.

Lisa looked surprised, "Are you a medical practitioner as well?"

"Yes!" Maria exclaimed, "we should definitely compare and discuss techniques when we get the chance."

"Oh yes definitely!" 

Vlad and Gabriel stared at their respective wives and looked away at the screen when they glared back.

She turned her head as she heard the door close behind her.

Choosing not to let that frighten her, she looked forward and saw a dark figure standing on top of the staircase in the main hall with it's body covered by a cape leaving its head exposed.

"That must have been scary at first for a human." Lucille said.

"It was. At first." Lisa said.

"Drama queen." Gabriella rolled her eyes at Vlad and Lisa snorted. Vlad just blinked at the young child making fun of him. Belmonts, he shook his head and thought.

The woman sheathed her dagger. "My name is Lisa. I am from the village of Lupu. I want to be a doctor."

Gabriel, Maria and Gabriella looked intently now, seeing if they could remember the location for later.

Dracula walked towards the stairs, but quickly vanished and reappeared on the lower floor moving behind the hallway pillars silently. "You bang on my front door because you want to daub chicken blood on peasants."

The kids all laughed at that.

"You mistook mother for a witch?" Adrien turned to ask his father. 

"Not quite, I needed confirmation that she was telling the truth." Vlad explained.