Chapter 7

The fifth episode started.

January, 1475,

Wallachia.

"I wonder why we're back to this timeline?" Sypha wondered outloud.

"Maybe something important happened before or after Lisa was killed?" Lucille stated a theory of hers.

It was a dark and stormy night in the land of Wallachia. Somewhere in the land, there was a village located at the base of the mountains. The tallest structure within the village had a cone shaped roof with the symbol of a cross that stood on top. The cross was struck by lightning.

Villagers who were out in the rain made their way to their homes. All of the houses were lit and the torches outside somehow stayed lit in the rain. Streams of water near various herbs and flowers are nearly passing the banks due to the rain.

"This seems ominous." Caltrina said and Gabriella snorted. It was.

Lupu Village.

"If the time of the day and weather are any indication, then this event is most likely before Lisa's death." Gabriel said and Lisa sighed.

Lights in a small cottage somewhere in the village were on. It had a circular window just above the front door. Inside the structure was an elderly woman sitting at the end of a table with a cloth that covered only the long ends of the table and a pot of flowers in the middle of the table. Behind the elderly woman to her left was a lit fireplace that was heating a pot over it. Other pots, dishes, and utilities were lined up on shelves.

Lisa smiled at her home, the castle was marvelous but it was vast and always seemed detached to the human world, lonely, and almost abandoned.

She took her husband's hand, still not entirely forgiving him for their son, but offering comfort for her death. Vlad smiled at his wife, grateful for the comfort even when they were arguing.

Further to the elderly woman's left was a younger woman with her hair tied and draping over her left shoulder. Said woman wore a casual maroon dress. She seemed to be pouring something into a cup.

Lisa smiled, recognising the woman as one who had genuinely mourned her. The others also smiled, recognising her.

"You stay right there, Mrs. Djuvara. I'm going to get something for your cough." The young woman told her guest as she carried the cup with what apparently seems to be a remedy for a cough or just water.

The elderly woman wore a casual black dress with another red cloth draping over her shoulders. She was coughing. "Thank you, Dr. Tepes." The elder accepted the cup as the doctor sat down at the table with her client. "It bubbles when I breathe. Did I say that? The older woman said as she felt the Doctor hold her hand.

"You're amazing at medicine." Maria smiled, complimenting her fellow medical practitioner.

"Thank you, it's all too interesting for me to give up the opportunity to learn." Lisa turned to her eagerly, Maria grinned at her. "If you practice medicine, how come you're not a doctor?"

"Well I started learning medicine not to become a doctor but to take care of my family. They are...quite reckless." she chuckled while her family collectively let out a soft 'hey!' at that.