Chapter 5

The fourth episode came on and the room was buzzing with excitement this time. The fight was left with an awful cliffhanger after all.

The locals were running past the church with their torches and weapons in search of the Belmont and the Speakers. Some of them were shouting some things during their hunt.

"Witches!" One random local yelled.

"Witchcraft!" Another local yelled.

"Hmph, most of us don't even use magic." Sypha snapped.

"Assuming is their favourite thing to do, didn't you know?" Leah snorted.

Within the church, stood the Bishop, behind the pulpit. His head was lowered and his eyes were closed. It seemed as though he was praying.

"No amount of praying will save you from what's about to get you." Gabriel smirked.

The priest opened his eyes and looked up as he heard the church door open. The doors closed shortly after they opened. The building was quiet and dark.

"Ominous." Someone muttered.

"Who's that? Are the Speakers dead?"

The Bishop heard something that wasn't human walk forward in the church with a bestial voice. "No."

"Oh- shit." Caltrina cursed, "I didn't think they could talk." She explained, surprised.

Vlad laughed. "Some of them can speak, most of them cannot. Though sometimes it is just because they do not wish to speak." He explained.

"Yeah cuz they much rather ravage anyway." Lucille clicked her tongue and Trevor laughed at her.

"Well, get back out there." The Bishop ordered the unknown being. "The Speakers have to die before the sun goes down."

"Can that asshole not tell whether a voice is a monster, which it clearly is by the way, or a priest." Gabriella rolled her eyes and mocked him.

"The sun..." the figure kept walking until it became clear "is already down." It was one of the invading beasts. It's body was pitch black. It's eyes and sabertooth-like teeth glowed blue. It also had to bone-like protrusions on its body.

"Creepy." Sypha and the other speakers shivered. They were the only one it seemed as the others in the room were either the family who kill such beasts, a lady who married and had a kid with the Vampire king, said vampire king and their dhampir child.

More bat-like creatures with sharp claws, teeth, and red eyes appeared in the church from behind pillars and the ceiling all around the Bishop.

"That old bastard is fucked." Gabriella laughed in glee.

"You cannot enter the house of God." The Bishop was communicating with the beast.

"Then how do you explain the fact that he is?" Lucille asked rhetorically and rolled her eyes.

"I doubt the place is still holy considering what he does." Adrian said bitterly at the man who killed his mother and the others wondered if he was right.

The blue-eyed beast snarled. "God is not here." It saw the Bishop's hand trembling while holding a cross. "This is an empty box."

"The creature is correct actually." Maria smirked and Gabriel looked amused at her wife agreeing with a creature of the night.