Chapter 10

The screen showed night time on top of a forest, with trees as far as could be seen. Amidst all, smoke was pouring out onto the sky. On a closer take, it was an estate.

"Oh... I think I have a hunch about what this is." Gabriella muttered.

The Belmont's estate, to be precise.

"Fuck."

People were surrounding the burning house with torches, some were throwing flames inside the windows, screaming. The doors and lower level windows were barricaded by wooden planks to stop anyone from possibly escaping. There were a few priests on the front as well, chanting what seemed to be prayers.

"J'ai un horrible sentiment de déjà-vu en ce moment(I'm having a horrible sense of deja vu right now)" Maria said with a grim tone. The room got quiet.

The sound of the fire and people screaming in fury got louder and louder. Almost overwhelming, until it all went black.

Trevor woke up, gasping for air.

"Maman..." Trevor cuddled into Maria, who kissed her son's head and
Gabriel also hugged his youngest. Adrian and Lisa were glancing at him in worry.

He took long breaths and a moment to take in his surroundings. He was in a wagon which was walking slowly in a straight line led by horses. Sypha was laying on her back beside him and Alucard was laying on his side on the other side of the wagon, his back to Trevor.

"Wish I could help you." Adrian said and Trevor gave him a grateful smile.

He looked at them, the distress from the nightmare still in his face, and crawled out the wagon. As he closed the curtain back, the screen focused on Alucard's sleeping face, darkened by shadow.

He suddenly opened his eyes—which was glowing bright gold, almost ominously contrasted to the dark—and glanced back to where the man had left.

They all stared wide eyed and a few people jumped in their seat. "I'm sorry, but that was scary." Lucille commented and Adrian cleared his throat bashfully.

Trevor sat on the outside area of the wagon and rubbed his eyes. Whispering, he said, "Fuck..."

The night was quiet, eerily even. The outside of the wagon was still, except for Trevor's breathing and the horses walking. Which made Trevor catch off guard when he heard a soft, "Nightmare?" beside him.

Most jumped up in their seats this time. They weren't expecting any sounds.

He turned to his left in alarm to find the blond. Sitting as quiet as a cat. "How did you?-"

"The outside was just empty!" Sypha said in awe and Leah nodded. Adrian shrugged.

Alucard simply raised an eyebrow while Trevor ignored his stare, "It's nothing."

"Open up, Trevor." Maria gave her son's shoulder an encouraging squeeze.

"Doesn't sound like nothing with the way your heart is hammering."

"You can hear his heartbeat?" Gabriel asked, surprised.

"Seems like my hearing has gotten a lot better as well." Adrian looked even more surprised by his future abilities.

Trevor still didn't look at him but got a red tint to his cheeks. "It's none of your business." He said through gritted teeth.

"The beating just got faster." Alucard ignored him and pointed to the brunet's chest, getting closer to his face. Trevor's cheeks got redder. "Shut up."