As the days passed, Kara found herself longing more and more for the comfort of Finnick's gentle embrace and kind words.

The nightmares alone were bad enough. She couldn't remember the last time she'd gotten a decent amount of sleep. Each night, she slept an hour, maybe two. Though she tried as hard as she could, she found it difficult to sleep more than a short while.

Then there were the screams. Both of her own, her friend's, and the victors that she'd heard had been captured. There was a boy whose screams were the worst to listen to. She didn't know much, but she swore he was possibly being brainwashed, given how devastating his screams were.

She hoped that never happened to her. She couldn't bear to forget her Finnick, the one that had always been there for her, the one she hoped always would be.

Kara chose to remain hopeful that Finnick had escaped and that he and whoever else had made it out was trying to find a way to save everyone the Capitol had taken, however many that was. She knew of at least three, maybe four. Four, she decided on. It was her, Annie, another girl, and the boy.

She turned to Annie and asked, "Do you think we'll get out of here?"

"I hope so," Annie replied. "What about you? Do you think we will?"

"I just... I don't know. I feel as though I'm already starting to lose hope. How long do you think we've been here?"

"I don't know. A week? Maybe more?"

But little they knew it had been three weeks. They only needed to hang on a little longer as rescue would soon be coming.