𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘚𝘪𝘹

𝐖hen Cassiopeia came to, she was on a bed in the Hospital Wing. Harry and Draco were sitting beside her. Noticing that she was awake, they immediately stand up in surprise and concern.

"Did I faint?" she mumbles, rubbing her head. It throbs lightly.

"You did a lot more than that, dear," Madam Pomfrey scolds her. "You had a seizure."

"Oh."

"Just "oh?'" Draco shrieks. He clutches his ice blond hair astounded. "You could've died!"

"That would be pretty bad," Cass mutters.

Harry does not speak. His hands are clasped tight and he trembles at her side. There was nothing he could do for her, and it made him feel utterly hopeless.

"-arry."

He loves her. There's no doubt about it. If she was ever in danger, he'd even risk Azkaban to make sure not a single strand of hair is touched. Within months, she's managed to hold his heart in the palm of her hand, and he was absolutely elated by it. But as he is right now, these feelings are hardly worth anything, especially when Cassiopeia has yet to be safe from a curse he doesn't even fully understand yet.

"Harry."

The boy looks up. Cassiopeia is frowning, which tugs at his heartstrings.

"Yes?" he answers meekly.

"Are you alright?"

"I should be asking you that," Harry laughs awkwardly.

"You most definitely should not," Draco mutters venomously.

"Be nice," Cass playfully chastises, having heard what he said.

"This is me being nice," he defends. "Isn't that right, Potter?"

Harry ponders for a moment.

"My feelings are very hurt by your rude remarks right now." He feigns a broken heart and clutches his chest dramatically.

"Unbelievable," Draco rolls his eyes. "You're out of your mind."

Cass snickers at the exchange. They seem to be getting along well. At the same time, Madam Pomfrey returns to the girl's side and checks her physical health.

"You seem fine," the lady analyzes as she checks each limb and chest, "but I'll need you to stay here for the rest of the day, just in case the seizure acts up again."

"Will do-"

"Guys!"

Hermione bursts through the door, then freezes. Madam Pomfrey is glaring at her for causing a ruckus, leaving Hermione to stand up straight.

"What have I said about yelling, Ms. Granger?" Madam Pomfrey asks.

"To not yell," the girl answers meekly.

"So why are you yelling?"

"... I'm sorry, Madam Pomfrey. It won't happen again."

"We'll see about that." She exits, leaving the four alone. Hermione waits until the elderly lady leaves before releasing a breath she didn't even know she held.

"So what is it you want to tell us?" Harry wonders.

"We've found it," Hermione gleams. "Cassiopeia's family history."

  .