10.

As the days passed, you both grew closer, and you started developing feelings for him. Teasing and annoying you became his daily routine. Sometimes, he even acted rudely toward you due to work-related frustration, but he would later apologize and bring you flowers. He would often ask you to hug him while sleeping.

During a phone call:
You: Hello.
Jay: Listen, today my friend has organized a party for his wife's birthday, so you're coming with me. I'll be back home early so that we can buy some party attire for you.
You: Okay.
Jay: Bye. Take care.
You: You too. Goodbye.

As he said, he arrived early. You both went to the mall, where he picked out a few dresses for you. They were all quite expensive, but they looked amazing on you. "Which one should I buy then?" you asked.
"Pack them all," he said to the store employee. You were surprised and asked, "Jay, why all of them?"
"Why not?" he responded 😼 After finishing the shopping, you both left the mall and returned home, heading straight to your bedroom.

Time skip:
You both arrived at the venue where the party was taking place.
Your dress:

As soon as you entered the party hall, you noticed girls swooning over your partner

As soon as you entered the party hall, you noticed girls swooning over your partner. He maintained a his cold face , ignoring everything . You could hear some of the girls making comments.
"That guy is so handsome."
"Is she his girlfriend?"
"Damn, I hope she's not his girlfriend. I would be jealous."

Those comments started to annoy you (author : Are you feeling jealous, Y/N?). "Yes, I am jealous," you admitted silently.
"Did you say something?" Jay asked curiously.
"N-no, I didn't," you replied, looking down. You didn't realise but, he had heard what you said, and a smile appeared on his face.
"I'm jealous," you whispered to yourself, not realizing he had overheard.
"Y/N, I need to use the restroom. Wait for me here," he said before heading off. While standing there, someone called out your name.
"Y/N..."

You turned your gaze towards the direction from which the call came.

"Lucas?" you called out. It was Lucas, your stepbrother. A smile spread across your face as soon as you laid eyes on him. He approached you, and the two of you shared a warm hug.

"How have you been? Where have you been? What are you doing here?" he bombarded you with questions. While you were engrossed in conversation, little did you know that someone was observing you and growing envious. You felt comfortable with Lucas because he always cared a lot. He was the only person with whom you shared your pain.

"Y/n, there's something I need to tell you," Lucas finally spoke up.

"Yes, go ahead. What is it?".

"I... I love you. Not like a brother loves his sister .. I have been crushing on you since were kids . Will you be my girlfriend? I'll protect you and never let you down. I'll make this world a better place for you," he stammered. You were too shocked to respond.

Suddenly, Jay appeared and pulled you close, his hand gripping your waist. "Who are you, mister? Are you the person Mom arranged for Y/n?" Lucas asked.

"No, she can't be your girlfriend because she's my wife. She's mine,only mine 🤚🏼she loves me and I love her so she can't be your girl friend .. because she belongs to me " Jay boasted, pulling you away from the party with him. "Jay, wait!" you called out.

"Mine... You were, you are, and you will always be mine," he spoke .. he looked damn serious and scary. "Now, get in the car." You immediately got into the car.

The car stopped in front of the mansion. As soon as you entered, you hurried to your bedroom and comfortably settled onto the couch. You were busy watching Instagram reels.

"Now, will you get changed on your own, or should I do it for you?" Jay asked with a smirk.

"Huh? No, I'll do it myself," you replied, feeling confused, and made your way to changing room.

🌚🌚🌚