13.

"Happy birthday, Y/N!"
"Thanks, A/N! 🥰"

You woke up and went through your morning routine. However, something was different this time - Jay wasn't beside you. It was shocking because he never wakes up before you. As soon as you went downstairs, you saw a girl hugging and clinging onto your husband, which made you feel a bit upset and jealous. Trying to maintain a cheerful tone, you greeted Jay, "Good morning."

"Good morning, Y/N," Jay replied. "Meet her. She's Lala, my cousin."

"Hello, Lala. I'm Y/N," you greeted her with a small smile.

"Lala, she is my wife, Y/N," Jay introduced you to her.

"Wait, you got married??? When??? You married someone like HER?!" Lala emphasized the word "her." You felt hurt, but you didn't show it. "What do you mean by 'someone like her'?" Jay asked her, with a hint of irritation on his face.

She continued to cling onto him, saying, "Ah, nothing, Jay. I missed you so much, you know. I wanted to visit you for a long time, but Mom didn't let me. She asked me to study." She was annoying and clingy, making you feel insecure. You decided to retreat to the kitchen and sat down on a chair. Areum served you coffee.

"Happy birthday, ma'am," Areum wished you. You and Areum often had conversations in the morning, so she knew your birthday. "Thanks, Areum."

"Ma'am is that pendant your favourite?You never take off the pendant you're wearing," she remarked.

"Because it belonged to my mom. The day I was born, Dad gave it to her, and on the day she died, she handed it to me." Tears escaped your eyes as you missed your parents. "What happened, ma'am? Why are you crying?" Areum asked.

"I'm missing my parents a lot," you replied.

You remained sad throughout the day as neither Jay nor Haerin wished you. You couldn't forget how Lala was clinging onto your husband. Your birthday was turning out to be a really bad day.

At Jay's office:

"It's my love's birthday 💀🤧. Of course, I didn't know. Areum told me, and the plan is not to wish her the whole day. I've planned a surprise party for her," Jay said to Haerin. Lala overheard their conversation. "Dude, I feel bad that we didn't even wish her," Haerin said.

"Come on, Jay is going to spend so much money on her birthday party, even though she doesn't deserve it," Lala said, her final words not quite digestible. Jay didn't hear them, but Haerin did. She didn't react but decided to keep an eye on Lala because she knows her cousin well.