Chapter 43

"Oiiiii... P'Saleng... I'm only gone for a few minutes, and you've already eaten the cake," Li Ming scolded Saleng as he pushed his uncle's wheelchair out of their room.

"Ai'Li Ming... I only took a tiny bite... See, I barely touched it," Saleng fibbed, although it was evident how much he had already eaten.

"Ah... Ah... Both of you, stop bickering... How old are you still acting like children," Jim intervened, halting the argument between the two.

"Ohoiii.. Uncle... You scold us, but you don't realize how childish you're acting in front of P'Wen," Li Ming pointed out, revealing his uncle's behavior.

"Wh... Who's acting childish, Li Ming... I didn't-" Jim tried to defend himself but was interrupted by Wen's words.

"Okay.. Okay.. Both of you, stop arguing with your nephew... Let's eat now," Wen suggested, diffusing the tension.

"Ahhh.. Wait, uncle... I have something to give you," Li Ming suddenly said to his uncle.

"What is it?" Jim asked, looking at Li Ming.

"This," Li Ming handed a gift box to his uncle.

Jim opened it and found the same necklace that Li Ming wore, which had a family picture of him and his parents. The necklace Li Ming gave him now had a picture of Jim and Li Ming.

"Happy Birthday, Uncle," Li Ming said, smiling at his uncle.

Jim looked at the necklace he held, gripping it tightly, and gazed at Li Ming.

"Ai'Li Ming, Uncle Jim, what are you waiting for... I'm starving here... Let's eat," Saleng, who was already seated at the table full of food, chimed in.

The uncle and nephew shared a laugh at Saleng's impatience and joined the rest of their family for the meal.

...

A man placed the flowers he had brought in front of his lover's burial urn.

"Heart... How are you? You can see how my life is now, right? Don't worry, I'm doing well. I'm spending my days with my uncle now, with P'Saleng, P'Praew, AeSal, and P'Wen. We're creating happy memories together until we're still here... Tinn, I've returned safely. I'm taking care of my uncle now, especially his health. You know my uncle, he's as stubborn as me. Sometimes he eats food that's off-limits, but I scold him just like he scolded me before... Heart, I think this may be the last time I visit you because I've decided to go back to America to enroll in college and become a bartender too... and about my uncle, P'Wen will look after him until I graduate," Li Ming spoke with a smile on his lips, addressing Heart as if they were there in person.

"Heart... Tinn... Take care. I promise... I will come back to visit you again," Li Ming said, ready to leave when someone suddenly called out to him.

"Li Ming?"

🥕🥕🥕

🥺

Thank you for reading 😊

Please leave a comment and vote.