Chapter 5: Reving

Charles POV

It's been weeks ever since that Party Massacre, a lot of armed guards have been sent out to find the Dark Destroyers but nothing. Thank god we were able to save the injured people in time but it came with a cost.

Some of their body parts was replaced with robot parts and King Right have a robot eye, stomach, and leg. Meanwhile, Henry spend half his time with me and I felt terribly guilty because he's putting me first than his own kingdom. I feel so selfish.

Henry brought me some herb tea and doughnuts for breakfast. It was really nice of him that I smiled at him.

"Thank you, Henry."

"You're welcome, just doing my job," he said.

I flustered a bit for his kindness but felt sad.

"I don't deserved this."

He hugged me for a moment and I hesitate for a second before snuggling up to him.

"Yes you do. You always tried to make peace and make everyone happy. Now it's my turn."

He hugged me tight and I felt like turning into a tomato. I rested my head on his shoulder, only to see Rupert with my father, Royal Councilor Galeforce.

"Um... H-hey Rupert and d-Royal Councilor!? What are you doing here?"

"I told your father what happened and he rushed to come see you," Rupert said.

My father grabbed out of Henry's arms and put me in his arms.

"Charlie!? Thank god you're safe."

He was hugged me tighter than Henry.

"Father, you're choking me."

He quickly let me go as Henry helped me up.

"Anyway, I don't supposed you boys have a plan."

"Unfortunately no but we are upping our security and guards to keep everyone safe," Henry said.

"And the search teams are going after the Dark Destroyers," Rupert said.

"Good but how many deaths?," Galeforce said.

"Twenty people and ten of them were royalty," I said, slowly.

"Don't worry, Royal Councilor. We will get through this and stop them for once and for all," Henry said, confidently.

We won't lying about kicking up a knot. There were guards everywhere for each kingdoms, traps to captured intruders, and having new weapons. All thanks to Henry while I helped King Reginald and King Right rebuild their kingdom.

They have to moved in with me after that disaster, even some of their loyal knights came with them. But their other subjects temporary live in Henry's or Ellie's kingdoms.

Everyone was busy at work, so it was hard to hangout with the people you love. Once, I visited Henry to drop off more some thankful baskets but he wasn't there.

"King Henry is chilling at his balcony in his room," William said.

I said thank you to Butler William and walked to Henry's bedroom. I finally saw him staring at the stars.

"Wow, you really love those stars, do you."

"What can I said. It's a beautiful view."

"Really? Because I usually preferred sunset."

I sat stand next to him and admired the night sky. We stared for twelve minutes, without talking to each other. Which isn't a problem to Henry but I known for always having conversations even when it isn't important.

When five minutes goes by I decided to start a conversation about anything.

"You know you're really brave just like your parents." His face changed and just gave me a sad smile. "I'm sorry if I upset you by my words."

"No!? It's fine. I'm glad that people are showing gratitude to my parents even know they are not with us anymore."

"Sorry about your parents."

"It's fine. They are safe in heaven." Henry stares at the stars as he continues. "Even after their death. I made a promise to keep my home safe and protect my people."

I was stunned by his words. It's very inspiring to me. I remembered losing my real father in a major war when I was a child, even Henry's parents was involved. We losing a lot of soldiers but at least people are safe for now.

"Hey? Can I tell a secret?," he said.

"Uh... sure. If you feel comfortable."

He leans over to my ear as he says it. "King Shawn and Queen Eleanor are not my real parents."

"What!?"

"Yes exactly." While I was processing everything, he just brushed this information aside. "Okay, let's go of the bad thoughts and have good thoughts."

"How exactly?"

"There's a tradition in my kingdom called Golden Giving where I give gifts to all the kids and teens. You and the others should join. It's starts tomorrow at 10 a.m."

I smiled softly at Henry. "Of course, Hen."