Chapters 11: Rise Up to Battle

Warning, first half of the story will sound depressing and will have self doubt, so fill free to skip the sad part.

Also you're amazing and have a good day.

Henry POV

Not even a week has passed as Devin starts terrifying everyone in all kingdoms. Devin took over Charles's throne and stealing a lot of money, treasures, and gold coins. And if they refused they will be immediately killed or humiliated.

He also send his minions to invade other kingdoms to destroyed everything. They only kingdoms was safe were me and Ellie's because we have upgraded force fields that we usually used in emergency like this moment.

People were either dying or captured to Devin's clan and what was I doing right now. Nothing.
Because I was trying to recover in my room while Reginald temporary running my kingdom and the others was trying to come up with a plan.

Oh, and about Rupert, Dave, and the other knights. Most of them were seriously injured or captured in the process. Rupert came back with blood coming down from his chest by the time he got back with Dave, with an injured arm.

I felt so disappointed myself, I let everyone down including my parents and now everyone knows my family secret. I felt ashamed of myself and I didn't let people visit me.

But Ellie have other plans. Without any hesitation, she busted through my door and stood her ground.

"Henry! I'm sick and tired of you to waste away in this room while everyone is suffering in the paws of Devin."

After that, I grew anger at my friend's outburst.

"Ellie can't you see I'm suffering as well!?Emotionally, physically, and MENTALLY!?!"

"I'm failed everyone including my parents, Charles got kidnapped due to my lack of help, and how everything will be destroyed thanks to Devin!?"

I started crying this point and I didn't care what Ellie thinks but she hugs me in her warm arms and let me cry on my body. After I finished, she gave me understanding look and spoken soft but serious.

"Look I understand you're in pain but remember you're not a failure, you always put others first before you and never give up and we know Charles would have agreed."

I smiled at that. It's true.

"But I need your help, people need your help, Charles need your help. We can't defeat Devin and his gang without your help."

"You're the only one that's make good tactics and outsmart people in their own game."

She is right. Here I am slaving away in my own guiltily while people were suffering, I wasn't doing anything about it.

Well that's about to change.

"Call a meeting right now while I get clean up."

"Right away, sir."

So here I was in the meeting room with Ellie, Rupert, Dave, Sven, and Burt. Ben wasn't here because he got captured, trying to defend his kingdom. No one wasn't saying anything, so I spoke up.

"As you all know mines and Ellie's kingdom are the only ones standing. The tests were destroyed or in ruins."

"Yeah, and I heard many rulers were getting captured and sent to the dungeon," Burt said.

"And their families were left to rot in this mess as their parents got taken," Dave said, sadly.

"Luckily, we took them in and some people took shelters in mines or Ellie in meanwhile but we need to take action, immediately," I said.

"And why should we listen to you," Rupert said.

"Rupert please."

"We can't have an another argument during this time," Sven said, annoyed.

"We just found out that your biological parents are the infamous criminals in the century and you kept this a secret. How are we supposed to trust you."

"Do you think I have a choose. I knew how everyone will react and I'm not like them."

"Oh yeah!?" He smashed his knuckles on the table as I stared at him. "For what I know you and your kingdom always stay quiet when something bad happens to other kingdoms for years."

"I bet your citizens are selfish and..."

"You shut your f***ing mouth or I'm kicking your a** out!" Everybody jumped in surprise but I didn't care. "You can talk s*** about me all you want but you'll leave my people out of it."

"We made stay silent but we send supplies to help the good side. My people already know but they didn't care, they wanted a good leader and I f***ing gave them one."

Rupert stay silent before mumbling out a sorry.

"So how are we going to invade Atlantic Kingdom?," Burt said.

I form a smirk of that and slammed my hands.

"I think it's for you all to know Treasures Kingdom's war tactics."

"But don't you have a sprained leg?," Sven said.

"It will be fine in a few days."

"Now let's starts planning."