Chapter 9: The Turning Point

Warning, this chapter contains violence, blood, and triggering scenes. Also, this is longer than other chapters. Please Enjoy.

Third Person POV

Everyone arrived to Devin's next target, the Light Kingdom, luckily they came just in time before the Dark Destroyers. King Henry quickly instructed the villagers to stay inside King Charles talk with the light king.

"Alright, Devin's army will arrive in five minutes, so everybody hide in your positions for an ambush," Henry said.

"Sir, yes sir!"

"Wow! You have respect army while I have lazy ones," Ellie said.

"Hired a better general or trained them yourself," Henry said.

"You heard him, men," Rupert said.

Everyone immediately got in their position just as Charles ran back.

"Alright, I talked with King Lincoln and he is protecting his castle while his family is hiding in the bunker," he said.

"Good, now go find your spot to hide for ambush," Henry said.

Charles stand still while Henry looked confused and a bit irritated.

"Charles, we need to hide. Devin's minions will be here at any moment."

"No! If the Destroyers are coming, then Devin is coming and I'm going after him."

"No, Charles. That's a terrible plan and we don't know what we are facing."

"Devin is attacking my empire, so I can't sit over for the ambush when Devin can simply sneaks under our nose."

"Char..."

"AS YOUR KING AMD YOUR SUPERIOR, YOU WILL LISTEN TO ME!?"

Henry went silent while Charles stay firm on his demand. Henry soon nodded his head and Charles jumped on Destiny and rode up to the castle.

"Wow. That's sassy from the "big, strong, head king," Ellie said.

"Give him a break, Els. He's wants to end this for good," Henry said.

"Fine but he doesn't have to be a jerk."

"Ellie cut it out."

"Sir, we see the Destroyers coming."

"Okay, everyone stay silent."

Henry and Ellie quickly hid as a few Destroyers came in but no signs of Devin. Soon, the huge army came crawling, ready to cause any chaos they want until....

"Attack!"

The hero's launched their attack and ambushed the Destroyers. They were shock in surprise but got out their weapons to fight.

Blood scattered on the ground but the Treasure Warriors stay strong. Henry bashed some Destroyers' heads, stabbed a couple of them, and dodges their attacks.

He secretly hope Charles is doing well.

Meanwhile

"Hide all your treasures, so nobody takes them," Charles said.

The maids quickly hide the valuables as Charles tell the knights to stand their ground. He turned his back and saw Devon sitting on the throne.

"Hey sweetheart, how's it going?"

"It's over, Devin."

"Oh, I said when it's over."

Devin immediately kicked Charles to the ground but Charles quickly got up and roundhouse kick Devin to the wall and crashed on the table.