Page 9

I heard the sound of drying embers. Darkness is giving me unfortunate chances. I look up at the night sky, full of perfectly shattered stars. One of them captures my drowsy eyes. It looks like a majestic mirror ball that serves as the radix of light.

The moon looks beautiful, doesn't it?

The stars, meteors, nebulae, and comets all glister in the night sky. It's like there's another city up there at night, or a reflection of the city lights. Clusters of colors shine vividly on a colorless canvas. It looks like a lively painting in an old museum.

Indeed, Van Gough is right. The night is more alive.

Then there's the moon—shining so bright, looking like a wonderful knight. I am always captivated by how beautiful it looks. It remained bright in spite of all the broken promises made under its light. Brighter even now that darkness tries to rule the night sky.

I wonder, for millions of years. How many promises have been fulfilled under the moon? How many promises have been broken under the moon? How many more promises will be made under the same moon? It was there for centuries. The moon saw triumph as well as defeat yet it still up there, proud and strong.

Was it curse? The moon is curse to see everything.

Pain. Happiness. Disappointments. Betrayal. Defeat.

I close my eyes and wipe my tears.

I am the moon myself.

I saw everything. I felt everything. I am in pain, happiness is something I need to fight for and disappointments are part of who I am.

I was betrayed.  I forgive. I was defeated. I fight. I won. I cry. I fight. I will be happy.

I am still the brightest.

I will always be bright. No matter how broken I can be, I will always shine bright like the moon. There may be times that I need to disappear and hide from the world, but I will always come out shining.