Page 30

Dear Diary,

And when I feel like dying, I will lay in the grass. In the middle of nowhere. The wild will handle me more softly than humans. The quietness of the forest will be my comfort, and the sound of the flowing river will be my lullaby. The tall trees will hide me from the painful world. The coldness of the night will be bearable. The moon seems so bright in the dark sky. Will it guide me to the afterlife?

The forest seems dangerous, but it's peaceful. This place will handle me softly, I know. Nature will sympathize with my sadness. I am as vengeful as the wild. My vicious being will be the death of me.

My blood will be washed up by the rain until I turn as white as the clouds. Then the lions will embrace my brokenness, and the cassowaries will mourn with me. The snakes will leave traces of venom on my battle scars, but "it's alright, you'll be okay," the wind whispers. Bears and deer will watch me like a priceless feast, and they will be gentle with me.

The heart inside my chest holds so much grief and pain; as I lay down, the wolves will be my solace. I will be at peace with the foxes around me. No humans can go near me, as I will be in the wild's territory. I will be part of the forest. I will go and lay myself to death, knowing that I am protected against all the people who have hurt me.

They will be gentle with me. They will handle me softly. I will be at peace. I will cry with them in the middle of the forest. No one will hear my painful screams of goodbye. And so, I will lay in the grass in the middle of nowhere, and I will leave peacefully.