Page 27

Dear Diary,

Everyone talks about cutting people off, but nobody talks about the grief and pain that come with having to stand firm on that decision. Nobody talks about the pain of leaving something that was once part of who you are.

They always say that it's for the best, but where's the acknowledgement of losing someone you want to keep so bad? They always say that I need to live my life to the fullest and to dream big.

But one prepares me for outgrowing a friendship that has been part of my whole existence. No one prepares me for the life I want to live or how hard it is to fight for my dreams.

Always about chasing dreams and staying strong, but rarely hear someone say, "Cry when you're tired."

Now, hear me out.

It's okay.

It's okay to take a break, even if it will take you days, months, or years. Dreams don't have age deadlines. It doesn't matter if we take our time to heal and learn. To grow and discover our strengths and weaknesses. It's okay to breakdown first before going to work. Cry as hard as you can and shut the world out. Go on vacation, even if it's at a nearby cheap beach; who cares?

It's okay to pause reality and read that book or watch that movie to escape the world for a while. It's okay not to go to school yet. Schools are always open for opportunity, and education is not a race. It's okay not to have that high-paying job yet; you'll get there.

Our dreams can wait. You need to rest and prepare yourself. No one will do that for you. Society can only look at you and judge, but they cannot break you.

It's our first time living in this world. Dreams are hard to achieve, and it costs a lot, but being kind to yourself is free. Those people who inflicted you pain are all just first-timers in life. Grieve and cry, then stand still. Let them lose you, but never lose yourself for them.