1

Jisoo is sure — love begins at first sight.

Jisoo is confident in many things: that if she paint her nails black on the first day of school, then it will definitely bring good luck; that she can't tear off labels from clothes before she is completely sure that she will wear it in the next few months; that tea with milk is a real perversion, and J.K. Rowling's books are nothing but hyped a piece of fiction that she—for some special reason—didn't like.

Therefore, sitting on the third row in an impressive auditorium and skimming through the schedule for the rest of the day, she freezes when she hears a low voice greeting students. And as soon as Jisoo looks up, trying to focus on the teacher who entered, her beliefs hit her head with triple force — love begins at first sight.

She would have been lying, saying that she had not counted on the adventures waiting for her in remote Canada. After all, being an ordinary girl from Seoul, Jisoo wanted to fully immerse herself in the crazy energy of Toronto, and studying at the most prestigious university in Canada was a real dream. Her mother almost tearfully let her leave the house, and this despite the fact that Kim persuaded her for two whole months to take part in the selection of students for exchange at all.

"The student exchange program is a great opportunity to get a first—class education in another country, as well as to get acquainted with another culture, traditions and society," the head of the department bequeathed.

Not that Jisoo was a bookworm or a nerd in her studies, but she seized on this idea firmly and decisively, inspired by the thoughts that, finally, she would be able to see at least some piece of the world, besides Seoul and Busan. Jisoo has never been outside of South Korea. Her family was not rich, and after her father left for another woman, leaving her and her mother almost on the verge of human existence, the girl could not even dream of such luxury as traveling.

"And how will you exist there? And if you get dumped? And if something goes wrong, what kind of money will you return for?" — Subin, Jisoo's mother, still could not calm down, not believing that such an exchange training opportunity is even real.

And Jisoo was as calm as possible, explaining over and over to her mother that the university covers all costs, that she absolutely should not worry about it. And was it worth expecting that mom would call her forty times a day for the entire first week of her stay in Toronto?

Jisoo was definitely ready for this.

Jisoo was ready for many things: and to the fact that she would certainly get lost at the airport — as it happened; and to the fact that she would be placed in the most terrible dorm room — which cost; to the fact that the weekly share of the money allocated for accommodation would hardly be enough for five days; and to that that local coffee would never compare to what was brewed in a small coffee shop near her house; and in general... Jisoo was ready for almost anything, except that she would fall in love with someone's voice in a split second, and someone's voice would belong to her art history teacher.

The woman whose timbre and pleasant hoarseness drove Jisoo crazy looked quite ordinary—even rather typical— for a university lecturer. Classic black trousers and a white shirt with gray stripes tucked into the waistband of trousers. Dark thick hair fell almost to her chest, and there was a minimum of makeup on her face, so it did not look defiant and did not serve as something distracting - as they liked to say — for students. The girl had stunning facial features: a round face, a straight, neat nose and incredibly beautiful brown eyes.

-Good afternoon. So, last week we discussed with you the introductory information about our classes, and today we will go a little deeper and talk about the specifics of project activities aimed at shaping the urban environment.