3

Jisoo is sure that life spits in her face.

Eventually, she got a call from the very cafe where she had left her job application, and she had to go to a meeting with the manager in the evening. On the one hand, she didn't particularly like this state of affairs, since Jisoo had just returned to the hostel, and, armed with tea, was ready for the rest planned for the rest of yesterday, but on the other hand, she was called for an interview!

The cafe was not crowded, and behind the bar she was met by a young girl who, at Jisoo's first request, called the manager. The interview did not last long, and mostly Kim was asked the most banal questions: starting with the availability of a work visa, ending with work experience. The job was not particularly difficult, but it required an internship, to which the brunette nodded her head understandingly. Of course, she wasn't hoping for this position as the last job in the universe, but when the manager nodded with a smile, informing her that she was suitable, Jisoo felt relaxed.

However, as soon as she felt this long-awaited joy from the decision, a couple of minutes later Mark came into the hall in a branded coffee shop apron, on which a badge with his name dangled. The girl didn't really understand what was going on until Matt, their manager, solemnly held out:

-Meet Jisoo, this is Mark, he will be your mentor during the internship, and then a partner in some of the shifts.

And Jisoo, however, needed a lot of effort to pull a polite smile, because the state of shock was too prolonged. Not to say that Mark was less shocked, but his confusion was quickly replaced by complacency and a clear sense of a small victory.

-Well, now I know your name.- He smirked, and catching Matt's questioning look, immediately explained.- We just crossed paths somehow. No matter.

-So, when can I go on an internship?- Jisoo asked quickly, not wanting to drag out these foreplay for a long time.

-Let's start this Wednesday, come by five o'clock.

Nodding, the girl said goodbye to Mark and Matt, and, making an absolutely incredible expression of "what-just-happened", left the coffee shop, hurrying to the dorm to tell her neighbor about what happened.

***

Jennie was sitting at her desk, studying her hands with a kind of disappointed look. Age made itself felt, and the skin on the hands was no longer as elastic as twenty years ago, and small wrinkles scattered everywhere, reminding that it was unfortunately impossible to remain forever young. But, whatever it was, Jennie looked wonderful for her age: her face was smooth and still soft, only small wrinkles around her eyes betrayed her age, which rather gave her charm. Some women are said to be like wine — they only get prettier over the years, and Kim was just out of this vicious circle. Many other women envied her beauty and elegance, which did not fade with age, her natural slimness and regular facial features, which seemed even more beautiful with age.

However, Jennie liked to feel her attractiveness.

Smoothly shifting her gaze from her hands to a small piece of paper, the woman froze again, as if she had seen it for the first time. Swallowing hard, she tried to bring herself to her senses — there is nothing wrong with the fact that the student drew her. This does not mean anything at all. And running her thumb over the smooth paper, Jennie tried her best not to think about Jisoo. The girl in whom the fire is hidden — Jennie is sure of it. Just look that these persistent views will be replaced by something else - no less persistent and provocative. Kim is a professional — with human feelings, yes, but a professional: she did not allow herself to be led by feelings, crossing this fine line.