6

Jennie is sure that pretending is much easier than admitting the real alignment of things.

It's disgusting to admit it, but Jennie is used to pretending. It's amazing how over time you yourself begin to believe in the illusory happiness of your own life, even if everything continues to collapse with enviable frequency.

And looking at Jisoo, who accidentally dozed off on her shoulder on the way back to Toronto, Jennie realized how much her pretense had been manifested all the time they had known each other. It's much easier to be detached, almost cold, that no one in their right mind would want to touch you. It's easier not to think, not to analyze, hiding your demons deeper, from where no one can hear them. Only in the first few minutes Jennie felt a slight embarrassment because of what was happening: Jisoo's head was comfortably placed on her shoulder, and black hair fell in waves over someone else's chest, slightly tickling her neck. After all, it hardly looks professional — which student sleeps on his teacher? And Jennie was almost sure that someone from the bus would definitely whisper about it.

If on the way to Newmarket, Jisoo, in principle, did not have much choice and a quick meaningful decision where to sit, then on the way back her decision to stay sitting next to the woman was quite purposeful. That's just unlike Jennie, the girl did not find anything reprehensible in her decision. They didn't flirt or do anything that would make other students look askance at them.

But does anyone really need reasons?

Jisoo literally felt a prickly dislike clinging to her body when Sean called out to her when getting off the bus. Of course she knew he was going. I could predict, remembering all the words the guy said to Jennie. And to miss such an event was like death, but Jisoo was not angry. She kept her cool, even when there were unpleasant notes of surprise and barely perceptible irritation in Sean's voice. And although Jennie didn't pay as much attention to Jisoo as it probably was in Sean's head, the guy really couldn't get rid of the thought that another one was preferred instead of him.

The exhibition itself was ambiguous. Definitely defiant that the student could not understand for a long time what overwhelms her more: disgust or admiration. She loved this kind of thing, so she couldn't help but take a moment to discuss the exhibits with the teacher, who remained unperturbed even with such works. They didn't talk too much, but Jisoo was sure that the woman would not refuse to continue this discussion in private. The woman was constantly fidgeting and noticeably nervous, even though she organized this trip herself and even waited for Jisoo to go with them.

And here they are, and the feeling of awkwardness does not leave her body.

Thinking only for a second about the correctness of her decision, Jisoo still sat down next to Jennie again, causing a puzzled look, but the woman did not say a word. On the way back, they practically did not talk: the woman stared out the window, only occasionally glancing at her student, and then hiding behind the fact that she was inspecting the bus. In turn, Jisoo tried to concentrate on reading the book, the lines from which had to be reread several times, because the thoughts of the teacher sitting next to her literally knocked her off balance. In the end, she didn't even notice how her eyelids were heavy, as if they were filled with lead, and at some point, having already woken up, Jisoo realized that she was completely shamelessly lying on Jennie's shoulder. But what is most surprising is that the woman did not even attempt to pull away or wake her up. Without opening her eyes, the girl pretended that she was still asleep, and awkwardly fidgeted, gently lowered her hand between their bodies, feeling how the skin warms from contact with someone else's hips.

There must have been something wild about that moment. Completely unacceptable, almost intimate. And although the brunette did not actually touch Jennie, only the back of her palm felt the rough fabric of jeans, but the warmth emanating from the woman was so exciting that the girl swallowed hard, praying only that it would not be noticeable.